Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unreasonably demoted
07-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Unreasonably demoted
I had 4 out of my 16 wins were against supertitans and my only loss was to a #2 st. I just beat a master league player then got demoted to gifted. Wtf? I used to be st11
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 12:20 PM
RE: Unreasonably demoted
Be chill man, the ranking system put a bunch of new people into "supertitan" so some of your wins may have been against misplaced players. And beating one master league player doesn't mean much. Now the system may be correcting for its initial burst and whether you are a skilled player or not, unfortunately you were part of the correction.

Also, 16 games is a bit small of a sample size to say you're ready for ST...I've won 100+ and am in Masters. That said, if you did deserve demotion, it should have been to masters, not down 2, which is quite messed up.
07-17-2012, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 12:58 PM by swimj.)
Well...the system might not be completely fixed yet. I just resigned a game in which I was manhandled, then got promoted to super titan, number 1 in my division. I have been on a pretty good winning streak of late, and would n't call the promotion "unreasonable" but it still is a little strange...although I am happy.

I predict I'll sink down a bit as I face some tougher competition
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
(07-17-2012 12:20 PM)swimj Wrote:  Be chill man, the ranking system put a bunch of new people into "supertitan" so some of your wins may have been against misplaced players. And beating one master league player doesn't mean much. Now the system may be correcting for its initial burst and whether you are a skilled player or not, unfortunately you were part of the correction.

Also, 16 games is a bit small of a sample size to say you're ready for ST...I've won 100+ and am in Masters. That said, if you did deserve demotion, it should have been to masters, not down 2, which is quite messed up.

The st2 that I lost to, I beat him in another game going second both times. So I think I might have been going against a skilled player.
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I just recently beat someone that was ranked #1 in gifted with 800 points, double the points of the next closest ranked player of 400. My guess is this guy was probably one of the guys double demoted from super Titan, which, if this is the case he wasn't demoted far enough in my opinion. Im about a 20 in gifted and it was a super easy win in under 10 moves.

This is a total guess on my part, but how many gifted players have 800 points? If I'm right and this guy was a previous super Titan than these adjustments are more than justified.
07-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, don't worry about it. If you deserve to be ST, you'll rise quickly. Before the reset last week I was a top of my Masters division, after doing placements again I was mid level Clever...now I've moved up to ST. So the system will adjust accordingly. Just keep playing.
07-17-2012, 01:49 PM
(07-17-2012 01:12 PM)swimj Wrote:  Yeah, don't worry about it. If you deserve to be ST, you'll rise quickly. Before the reset last week I was a top of my Masters division, after doing placements again I was mid level Clever...now I've moved up to ST. So the system will adjust accordingly. Just keep playing.

Ya it's just after being in st and playing fair matches, I don't feel motivated playing the lower leagues anymore. Not trying to sound arrogant and sorry if it sounds like it
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 01:35 AM by Mizywill.)
(07-17-2012 01:18 PM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 01:10 PM)Mizywill Wrote:  I just recently beat someone that was ranked #1 in gifted with 800 points, double the points of the next closest ranked player of 400. My guess is this guy was probably one of the guys double demoted from super Titan

Seems very unlikely.

Wouldn't expect an apparently weak player to have been able to earn 800 points while in ST. Maybe he's recently promoted from clever.

Dunno, here's the game and you should be able to check player stats from this. I just figured it was more likely he fell down than jumped up. Again, don't know about ST, but I also wasn't familiar with someone earning 800 points in clever, or even gifted for that matter.

I was under the impression these points may have been a form of compensation for the demotion. Kind a like "sorry we kicked you out of ST but we can guarantee you hang around in the clever #1 spot for a while for a chance to reclaim your spot in ST, through masters first of course, unless you royally screw it up..."

You also mentioned the double demotion, so I thought it fits. Regardless, from what I saw in this game it makes me question the point value system and as for the drop in ranks, if you're good enough you'll secure your previous glory again and if not, oh well.