Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rising in the Rankings
05-31-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Rising in the Rankings
In what way do you think that this is "gathering stats on what it takes to reach ST"? You mentions this in the OP, but it doesn't make sense. If you want accurate information on how to become a ST, you need to actually look at someone who is a ST, not fake accounts that played zero actual people.

When Outwitters was being overrun by people hacking the game, no one say "gee whiz, this is interesting, thanks for pointing out this flaw". This just banned them for out and out cheating. Everyone already knew that these problems existed, and I think for the most part no one abused the system to his extent. The only one abusing the system so blatantly is you.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 07:02 AM
(05-31-2014 06:43 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  When Outwitters was being overrun by people hacking the game, no one say "gee whiz, this is interesting, thanks for pointing out this flaw". This just banned them for out and out cheating.

Well, the reason for that is because the hackers didn't tell A&A, "this is how to hack, can you fix it" and their sole intent was to go up in rankings unfairly. Also, I think that some kinds of hacking can't be fixed. SuperDonkey is trying to get the matching system improved, and for this he needs to show just how far it can be taken. But I do agree that posting publicly how he did it was not a good idea; he should have PM'ed or emailed A&A.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
05-31-2014, 07:08 AM
(05-31-2014 06:38 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  Updated for May 30th, 2014

Top 1v1 Players

1. LER4T
2. poweewee
3. WeJusPlayin

lol, he's faster than i imagine

btw, to exclude his data on OSN, just use turncount>5 (or 4, as i do remember there was a 5 turn replay) will help, and it will also remove other similar replays not done by him.

Fluffy League
05-31-2014, 07:28 AM
He also has imperial probe droid ranked 42 as well.

05-31-2014, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 09:02 AM by jchris98.)
So, I honestly have no idea what you seek to accomplish by this other than to upset the community. I mean, they have already said there would be no new updates. And, as ha already been stated, this has been known for some time. It's not like you found something new.

Also, where's the great eranan at, I feel he could succinctly put all of what has been said into one post.

05-31-2014, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 10:17 AM by SuperDonkey.)
(05-31-2014 09:00 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  So, I honestly have no idea what you seek to accomplish by this other than to upset the community. I mean, they have already said there would be no new updates.

I did not know this was considered common knowledge. However, I would consider it false. It is directly contradicted both by recent changes to integration with OSN and by the dev's statement that he was seriously considering the creation of a button to make friendly submissions optional. From what I've read in the forums--and I admit I've read only bits here and there--I do not get the impression that there is no chance of any future updates. I'll remain optimistic on this count.
05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
(05-31-2014 09:45 AM)SuperDonkey Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 09:00 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  So, I honestly have no idea what you seek to accomplish by this other than to upset the community. I mean, they have already said there would be no new updates.

I did not know this was considered common knowledge. However, I would consider it false. It is directly contradicted both by recent changes to integration with OSN and by the dev's statement that he was seriously considering the creation of a button to make friendly submissions optional. From what I've read in the forums--and I admit I've read only bits here and there--I do not get the impression that there is no chance of any future updates. I'll remain optimistic on this count.

They explicitly said no new content for outwitters unless there is an outwitters 2 because they are working on tilt to live 2. And your explanation for doing this does not make sense. You think that the developers did not consider that their system could be played like you have? I don't believe so. I think the developers thought anyone would go through all the trouble to play the system like you have. You have only made this a problem and by posting it on the forums made it more clear for people looking to play the system, but I doubt they will because most people have a life and won't waste time gaining a meaningless rank by cheating. Which is why I believe the developers did not create a system that prevented this.

05-31-2014, 12:17 PM

No, jchris is right. There are going to be no new changes except for bugfixes, and even those are rare unless they are major bugs. A fix like this is most likely not going to happen.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-31-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 01:49 PM by game_taker.)
(05-31-2014 12:17 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  

No, jchris is right. There are going to be no new changes except for bugfixes, and even those are rare unless they are major bugs. A fix like this is most likely not going to happen.

This is a bug! A bug of epic proportions that exists solely in the matching system.
Also I would like to point out that the community was not aware of something like this being possible. It was only known that you could take advantage of P1 games by only playing maps which you are strictly good at for whatever reason. Although you can argue that, that knowledge implied that you could do what SuperDonkey has done it was still not known that such a thing is plausible with random game match ups. SuperDonkey proved that it is plausible and for this reason I would argue that if he had not made this post (or instead told AA) then anyone who would find out about this would be able to exploit this bug and never be caught. Furthermore it is possible that there are other people who are currently taking advantage of this bug. By publicly announcing this bug I think it forces AA to fix this bug since there will be people attempting copy what SuperDonkey succeeded in doing.

TL;DR -- This is a bug. I'm glad SuperDonkey posted this. I hope AA fix this bug. Thank you for pointing out this bug and not abusing it.

somewhere in top 50
06-01-2014, 12:27 AM
dag yo

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user