Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
P1 randomization
05-25-2014, 03:49 AM
P1 randomization
So, I remember someone once bringing up an idea about randomizing P1 when a game gets started. I really would like to advocate for that. I just checked and 28 of my last 30 matches I was P2! Including my last 17. This doesn't include my current. 6, which I believe I'm also 2.

Not that there is a huge FTA, but that also allows P1 to delete games on maps they dislike or race/map matches they dislike.

I'm no programmer but how hard would that be? I have no clue.

And yes I start games at all random times in the day.

Just a thought. That's a pretty big discrepancy which leads me to believe others are getting the swing on the other side.

The only disadvantage I see is if you started a game first you couldn't play your first turn until you had an opponent.

Sorry to complain just curious if this is possible and what peoples thoughts are.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 03:58 AM
RE: P1 randomization
(05-25-2014 03:49 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  [There is a bug that] allows P1 to delete games on maps they dislike or race/map matches they dislike.

From a programming standpoint, that would seem to be pretty easy to fix. You could treat something like that as a loss against a player of the same level. It would probably be just a few lines of code.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-25-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm not sure about randomizing P1, but I definitely think the current ability to dump a game without repercussions as P1 needs to be addressed. I've looked at some people's season 5 replays and it's obvious which maps they don't like as they'll miraculously have ZERO P1 appearances on some maps. That's ridiculous.

Weird that you're so heavily weighted towards P2 games, because I'm almost perfectly balanced between P1/P2 starts over my last several hundred games.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
05-25-2014, 07:46 AM
On 2v2 random you cannot skip any map neither unwanted partner or arranged ST opponent.
But on arranged 2v2 team can skip maps, opponents or turn order without any penalty.
Sad that you can do such a thing on 1v1, too.
05-25-2014, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 08:09 AM by Flarp55.)
(05-25-2014 06:37 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  I'm not sure about randomizing P1, but I definitely think the current ability to dump a game without repercussions as P1 needs to be addressed. I've looked at some people's season 5 replays and it's obvious which maps they don't like as they'll miraculously have ZERO P1 appearances on some maps. That's ridiculous.

Weird that you're so heavily weighted towards P2 games, because I'm almost perfectly balanced between P1/P2 starts over my last several hundred games.

The balance between P1/P2 games depends on how many games you start at once. If you only start one at a time, you'll probably be P2. If you start many at once, you're more likely to be P1.

A player having zero P1 matches on a map is not extremely unusual. I only have 117 replays on OSN, about 30 of which are prior to S5. Assuming a 50/50 breakdown of P1/P2, that would be about 45 P1 replays. So for any given map, there is about a 1-(11/12)^45=2% chance that I have no P1 matches on it. That means that there is a little less than 12*2%=24% chance that I have no P1 matches on any given map, which is pretty large. So just because someone has no P1 replays on a map doesn't mean that it was intentional.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-25-2014, 08:42 AM
(05-25-2014 08:09 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(05-25-2014 06:37 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  I'm not sure about randomizing P1, but I definitely think the current ability to dump a game without repercussions as P1 needs to be addressed. I've looked at some people's season 5 replays and it's obvious which maps they don't like as they'll miraculously have ZERO P1 appearances on some maps. That's ridiculous.

The balance between P1/P2 games depends on how many games you start at once. If you only start one at a time, you'll probably be P2. If you start many at once, you're more likely to be P1.

A player having zero P1 matches on a map is not extremely unusual. I only have 117 replays on OSN, about 30 of which are prior to S5. Assuming a 50/50 breakdown of P1/P2, that would be about 45 P1 replays. So for any given map, there is about a 1-(11/12)^45=2% chance that I have no P1 matches on it. That means that there is a little less than 12*2%=24% chance that I have no P1 matches on any given map, which is pretty large. So just because someone has no P1 replays on a map doesn't mean that it was intentional.

When that same person has 30+ P1 starts on a map and 0 on another, you can't argue that's not intentional.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
05-25-2014, 09:04 AM
(05-25-2014 08:42 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  
(05-25-2014 08:09 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  

When that same person has 30+ P1 starts on a map and 0 on another, you can't argue that's not intentional.

well, it depends. How many total games did said player have in all? Coincidences are more likely than one would expect.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-28-2014, 07:47 AM
The streak has ended. By my count after 24 games, I just got a P1 game. Yahoo!

05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
You should've told me so I could see if I can match up against you!

05-28-2014, 11:12 AM
No. You beat me too much