Poll: Would You Like To Choose Your Team Color In 1v1 Games?
Yes, I would!
I don't think it matters.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request - Default Color Choice For League Games
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Request - Default Color Choice For League Games
I jumped into a 2v2 game today and ended up as the Yellow player - I actually like how yellow looks over the normal red and blue you play as in 1v1 games, and I was thinking maybe we could get a selection for the color we would like to play when queueing for a 1v1 game - is this something the community would enjoy?

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 08:45 AM by Harti.)
RE: Request - Default Color Choice For League Games
I voted for it and I also bring good news:
The betas requested that a while ago and OML was open-minded about that. There are some little problems that may emerge from that (i.e. chosen the same color), though. Probably only a matter of time, like for Christmas?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
(07-17-2012 08:43 AM)Harti Wrote:  I voted for it and I also bring good news:
The betas requested that a while ago and OML was open-minded about that. There are some little problems that may emerge from that (i.e. chosen the same color), though. Probably only a matter of time, like for Christmas?

Yeah, I didn't expect something like this to jump to the top of their priority list (unless it was exceedingly simple) but I wanted to see if the community as a whole would be interested in this.

As for choosing the same color, maybe they could implement choosing two colors - a primary and a secondary. If your opponent takes your primary color, you will be playing your chosen second color instead!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Not to bring up the competition too much...but Hero Academy does this very nicely by having a set of 5 home (p1) colors and 5 away (p2) colors. You can pick your preferred color of each.

I don't like the idea of letting the colors look different to you and your opponent -- for one thing it makes the end-of-game replay confusing, and for another what good is picking your favorite flag (color) if no one sees it?
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 11:49 AM by whoTookYoste?!.)
Im interested in this. Players should be able to set first priority color then second. So first player has color priority and if first players color is second players first default, then it goes to second.

Though this could be annoying if you always play as say yellow then you end up in a battle where you're green and are so conditioned to thinking you're yellow, you make stupid mistakes.