Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detailed Replay Data Analysis
05-11-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: Detailed Replay Data Analysis
(05-11-2014 10:30 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Yea, you could just create another column and add in the isleaguematch flag so it'd be something like this: IsLeagueMatch + Game Type + P1 + Result + Map.

Then make a check box to either include friendlies or not, and set everything in an IF() statement. It'd definitely make all the formulas messy though.

I might try to just update the Player Stats page first, since that was the one page I was looking more closely at, and would require fewer changes.

So I was able to fairly easily add in new columns that included "isleaguematch" in it. The results confused me at first since I was thinking only season 5 stats were included, and not all the data. But I was able to just delete out all but season 5. I only updated the player stats page since you have a ton of formulas in there.

Yeah, like I said it's absolutely something we could add to this spreadsheet across all areas, just will take some time to write all the formulas. Not hard, just time consuming (and maybe a little confusing unless you're familiar with how I have things organized). When you're done working on it, I'd love to see what you've done!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 09:10 PM
To save some time, I just copied the entire two tables over that were present on the player stats, and then just limited them to league games. All it took was adding in the IsLeagueMatch modifier to 4 columns worth of data.

I also ended up deleting out all seasons other than season 5, as that's when all games really started showing up.

It's very basic, but at least it'll give you the player view of what you've been doing during the season.

It'd be cool to turn this into a web interface, or work with code penguin to add some of these stats to his current site.

[Image: sig.png]
05-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Awesome! Never knew you're THAT crazy, GG! Hat`s off and THX! Cool
05-12-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm currently trying to figure out how to integrate the turn count into the stats. I think it'd be interesting to see if you can see who might typically turtle in their games if they have higher turn count averages.

05-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Doing stuff with turn count was on my to do list. We could do average turn count for player stats by team, by map, for example. Average turn count as P1, as P2. Could be interesting.

05-12-2014, 02:35 PM
(05-12-2014 06:46 AM)Pharmafan Wrote:  Awesome! Never knew you're THAT crazy, GG! Hat`s off and THX! Cool

Yeah when I go data crazy, I don't mess around. Smile

05-14-2014, 10:39 AM
This is what I've come up with so far. Nothing special.

Changes:
- Added league tables for the player stats
- Removed team statistics
- Removed all data except for season 5
- Added a simple average turn count for the league games

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3891...0v2.3.xlsx

05-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Very very useful. Thanks very much Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
05-17-2014, 05:31 AM
FYI, the P1/P2 data is misleading. Being P1 does not mean that you made the first move, it is just your physical position on the map. Your formulas should be looking at the first_playerid rather than the p1_playerid to determine who played first/second.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
05-17-2014, 02:30 PM
(05-17-2014 05:31 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  FYI, the P1/P2 data is misleading. Being P1 does not mean that you made the first move, it is just your physical position on the map. Your formulas should be looking at the first_playerid rather than the p1_playerid to determine who played first/second.

Thank you. I will have to get that fixed.