Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Enjoying this, but league ranking borked?
07-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Enjoying this, but league ranking borked?
Currently ranked #1 in the Clever league "Straight Wolf Division" with 466 points and 33 wins currently. The guy ranked #2 has 261 points, so I'm more than 200 points ahead.

When do I get promoted to a higher league? It's getting a little bit boring playing against people who don't think about positioning and fog of war. I can usually tell at turn 3 whether I'm going to win, and I'd like to play more challenging matches. The game did match me up now with a guy from the Gifted league (I won that game already) and and a guy from the Master league (I will win that game in 4 turns), so why am I still in the Clever league?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Enjoying this, but league ranking borked?
(07-17-2012 03:14 AM)Tripwire Wrote:  Currently ranked #1 in the Clever league "Straight Wolf Division" with 466 points and 33 wins currently. The guy ranked #2 has 261 points, so I'm more than 200 points ahead.
Promotions (and demotions) are not directly related to your rank and points.

(07-17-2012 03:14 AM)Tripwire Wrote:  When do I get promoted to a higher league? It's getting a little bit boring playing against people who don't think about positioning and fog of war. I can usually tell at turn 3 whether I'm going to win, and I'd like to play more challenging matches. The game did match me up now with a guy from the Gifted league (I won that game already) and and a guy from the Master league (I will win that game in 4 turns), so why am I still in the Clever league?
No one can say when it will happen, but if the system is already paring you up to players from higher leagues, then it is seeing if you are fit for a promotion. Keep winning against them and you will eventually be promoted.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2012, 03:48 AM
Apply to the invitation only League to get quality opponents right away.
07-17-2012, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 09:13 AM by Bluegodzill.)
Sad RE: Enjoying this, but league ranking borked?
I have 61 wins, 1st in my division, 506 points, and in gifted league.    

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
07-17-2012, 01:55 PM
You all have more points than me at 342 points, but I'm #11 in Super-Titan. lawl.
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Just got promoted to master. The last 8 or 10 matches were all against mwasters. Only when you consistently keep winning those you'll get promoted.
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Just to share some information about my super league "Ailing Trail Division":

52 are in.

1. blueswimmer95 - 904
2. Alvendor - 688
3. [daniellejune] - 655
4. Calmon! - 645
5. QuantumApocalypse - 444
6. al6am - 368

From 7th rank on the points goes down rapidly:
7.-21. has 101-200 points
22.-51. has 1 and 100
52. even 0 points

Is this all happening because people goes 50/50 here? I tend to think many players are inactive and/or some are still wrongly placed.

I would really wish to have Top100 from all titan divisions in one big ranking. It would increase motivation to get on top Smile
07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
^I speak as blueswimmer95. I was just upped to ST yesterday and all the points I racked up going through clever, gifted, master carried over, putting me in #1 even though when I actually played Calmon! a few days back I was absolutely handled. So that is a bit of an issue with the ranking system.
07-18-2012, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 12:46 AM by ArtNJ.)
(07-18-2012 12:29 AM)swimj Wrote:  ^I speak as blueswimmer95. I was just upped to ST yesterday and all the points I racked up going through clever, gifted, master carried over, putting me in #1 even though when I actually played Calmon! a few days back I was absolutely handled. So that is a bit of an issue with the ranking system.

The Leagues are not really designed to identify the best of the best, we'll need tournaments for that. It is what it is, that is the choice OML made. Calmon is really good.

That said, OML did say that in future "Seasons" they may do the point carry over differently, or even eliminate it. They dont want to change it for this "Season" because there have been (more than) enough changes already given the reset and various adjustments.

Even so, points will always be linked to activity, and not an indicator of comparative skill between folks in the same league. No one will know who the best of the best is with any certainty.