Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit turn amount in a match
04-29-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Limit turn amount in a match
(04-29-2014 02:05 PM)Demon Wrote:  It's only really a problem if you hate long matches. It probably gets boring.

Then a counter strategy would be to attack early.

At the same time, I totally agree with you, though. I've had a few games where I've just throw it because it's gotten long and boring.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 03:16 PM
The problem is that a lot of the time, especially in SvS, turtling really is the best option if you want to win. As much as you may hate it, you cant really argue with results. If you cant win with a rush/attack,(which scallywags isn't very good for) then playing a more defensive/attrition style is more effective.

In any case, I think that having an option to end the game as a draw, without having to talk to Adam about it would be a better option than making a limit on turns.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Help button replaced by draw button if match passes 100 turns.
To be honest: on 2v2 matches can take hundreds of turns and still be very active.
04-30-2014, 02:02 AM
The solution is don't play as Scalley. Lol. Every game I've had go past 100 turns has been against Scalley. I won't play as them as it seems the 'winning' approach is often to bore your opponent to death.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
04-30-2014, 03:42 AM
(04-30-2014 02:02 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  The solution is don't play as Scalley. Lol. Every game I've had go past 100 turns has been against Scalley. I won't play as them as it seems the 'winning' approach is often to bore your opponent to death.

I quit being them for the same reason. No fun.

[Image: sig.png]
04-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Scallywags can't carry out a non-turtle strategy unless it is to take advantage if a situation. When spawned, the soldiers are restricted by having to stick to being aggressive in bombshells range. They also have the most limiting special in that they have to spawn one fairly early. It takes a 2 turns minimum to set up a bombshell and its also a special that builds up advantage over time (unless a power play) compared to all 3 other specials who you don't have to spawn until the turn you use them (except scrambler, but it's a lot more flexible in when you can spawn it). It's the special that you need to spawn as it is the least useful when wit banked for later.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
05-01-2014, 09:36 AM
I think it's fun to turtle. But when neither side is making any progress, I admit it might be boring. Maybe an "offer draw" button?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

05-05-2014, 03:06 AM
(04-30-2014 03:42 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 02:02 AM)The Great Habudabi Wrote:  The solution is don't play as Scalley. Lol. Every game I've had go past 100 turns has been against Scalley. I won't play as them as it seems the 'winning' approach is often to bore your opponent to death.

I quit being them for the same reason. No fun.

I thought this was quite fun.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgouu-goM

05-05-2014, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 03:36 AM by Chemoeum.)
Check it: the turn quantity is so large, not even OSN can play it.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAnLKy8goM

Basically, this is the only way to show you guys, except for on Outwitters as well:

https://outwittersgame.appspot.com/outwi...CAnLKy8goM

I gave it up because it was SOOOO frustrating.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
05-05-2014, 03:40 AM
You had way more then him, if you got aggressive you had an easy win

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school