Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 2v2 why does one base end the game?
07-16-2012, 10:27 AM
In 2v2 why does one base end the game?
Why does killing one base in 2v2 mode end the game?

Wouldn't it be better to have the spawn spaces associated with that base to die as well, but leave the other player and any remaining characters from the base that was killed?

This way, the player that loses a base can't create any new characters, but can help his partner in the remainder of the game.

As it is, killing one base ending the game makes them less tactical and quicker than it would be if the other player was able to finish the game.

Hmmm...Just to remove any ambiguity...

Players 1 & 2 are on one team, with 3 & 4 on the other. If player 1 kills the base of player 3, then player 3's spawn spaces die with the base, but his characters live on. The game then continues until either base 4 is killed, or bases 1 & 3 are killed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: In 2v2 why does one base end the game?
The team with two players left will gain significant unit advantage within 1-2 turns and simply overrun the other player.

There are situations where your suggestion would come in handy (e.g. when two bases are at stake simultaneously) so one could consider that. 2v2 needs a lot more balancing anyway, from what I found is that if you start a 2v2 game, your position will be assigned randomly and so will the turn order. So if there's gonna be a 2v2 overhaul at some point (not too unlikely), OML could and should consider that.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Also, if you were the player whose base was destroyed, you'd be pretty annoyed if all your units were destroyed too and you had nothing else to do in the game. You thought waiting 4 days for a game to be forfeited due to inactivity was long? Try 8 days for a 2v2 in which you have been eliminated.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Why? To encourage teamwork. Your ally dies, you lose.
07-17-2012, 01:40 AM
I've thought the same thing but come to the same conclusions as the other responders to this thread. However, my GOODNESS have I had some Witt-challenged teammates. It's been painful. I had one guy spawn camp me with his snipers. That was cool. Another guy would let me kill the opponent capping a Witt space and then jump in and take it though I had none. Needless to say, 2s annoy me right now, with the exception of a random partner I found and have since been ranked with.
07-17-2012, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 01:44 AM by ArtNJ.)
I think its good the way it is, but a bigger map wouldnt be a bad idea. As it stands now, the games are usually over in 8 turns or so (against weak opponents anyway). I realize this is partly deliberate, but I just think that it wouldnt be bad to have a somewhat bigger map or two.
07-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Bigger maps for both 1v1 and 2v2 would be GREAT
07-17-2012, 06:27 AM
All very good points. I stand corrected. Smile