Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Race popularity
04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: Race popularity
I usually play feedback more like adorables, kind of hit and run, surprise strikes.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Feedback, in my experience really shines in low unit count scenarios, where the scrambler has the most impact. The important part being keeping the scrambler protected until you can scramble something. I cant really say that i have seen anyone play feedback the way that you suggest. I would think more of a: build up an attack with a scrambler or two in the back to clean up, sort of approach would be the standard.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Though you have to be careful with scrambler in a low unit count, but those situations only work better on smaller maps where you can clog a route and protect your scrambler. In open maps, this is much harder to do.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-15-2014, 02:56 PM
I like bramble with low unit count best.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
04-15-2014, 02:59 PM
(04-15-2014 02:56 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I like bramble with low unit count best.

That is the only way that bramble will work effectively because wits into thorns would be used for units, then bramble would nearly be useless.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-16-2014, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 05:01 AM by Necrocat219.)
Scallywags weren't OP back in the day, more that adorables couldn't do anything. Feedback was manned and top 2 by Sir...3 and P1noyboyPJ (who were by the way my inspirations to climb and p1noyboy murdering me encouraged me to play feedback) Imagine everything except unit transportation costing an extra wit, that's all you have to do to think that and 1 wit less efficient every trade builds up fast.

Extreme Ghost's description of Feedback is a bit closer to what it is. Feedback really have to use fog of war a lot more than other races, so having a wall increases the risk for the opponent, makes it very difficult to attack near the spawn and if the Feedback user chooses a random time to place it's scrambler it makes it difficult to play against. In low units you can force easy wins, and there are nice combos on cramped maps and low units that will win the game in the long run by forcing opponents to work around you. Difference between the 2 races though is Scallywags can't attack, where Feedback have that option.

I've been using the Bramble in a few league games and with my play style being less reliant on spawning a special it's looking up a bit. What bramble has that other races don't is you can go one moment from a non-special, soldier centric game to a Bramble centric game in 1 turn. None of the other specials can do that (except defending with a Scrambler next to spawn) and it somewhat counters it's weaknesses.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?