Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Race popularity
04-15-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Race popularity
Yup. New content costs money and would almost surely not turn a profit.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 02:27 AM
It baffles me how a game like Game of War is making tons of money with in-app purchases yet Outwitters was not able to break even. The money I’ve spent on Outwitters (team pack and some bases) has more than paid itself off for all of the hours of enjoyment I’ve gotten out of it. I don’t think Game of War players who spend money on it could say the same...I’m sure there are additional games with ridiculous in-game purchases that do not deliver the value that Outwitters does. Not trying to be a commercial for Alex & Adam but I’m sure every little bit spent on the game helps them out and keeps us enjoying the game.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
04-15-2014, 02:35 AM
I paid $11.93 for stuff in Outwitters -- includes Über Pack, four Base avatars, extra game slots, and 2nd Gen maps.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
04-15-2014, 03:53 AM
Lol OML has bad marketing (srry truth hurts)
Hard to get down loads if no one knows ur out there
And with low traffic in downloads = low income= no updates for the loyal community
Every app gamer has heard of angry birds /clash of the clans/ candycrush...hay day dragon vill ect ect

And I bet most of you would agree Outwitters is 10X the game most the above games are!

Thay just have massively better marketing campaigns thay get ads on pretty much every app in the market till ppl DL it to see what all the hype is about then thay hit players with a bunch of free in app purchase's making players feel like there actually getting something then thay charge a micro-transaction if you want more .. And most players eat it up spending a nice size of there paycheck to get on there leader boards

Now I dont know about you but I found OW wile combing thru the turn base strategie games.
Stumbling upon it luckily I'm a strategy junky so I read the reviews which were all good and DL it

But at a marketing standpoint that's not the best way to have ur customers find you XD

I know if thay would make an OW2 most the OW players now would DL/buy it and if thay did some decent marketing spaming thay would have a decent boom of income at launch just my opinion I know it cost $$$ to market and $$$ to make a new game and if you ain't got it you ain't got it Sad

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-15-2014, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 04:26 AM by Phyresis.)
Ghost, we have to remember that OML is still only a 2(3?)person team. They are much much smaller than any of the companies that made any of those games that you listed. Outwitters was even featured as one of the best strategy games on the App Store during the awards a few months back. If they want better marketing they would need to shell out some serious dough.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Not necessarily thay can swap adds with games who have the same player base thay show OW ads and OML shares there ads ect (I did mention I knew it took a lot of $$)

Anyone know how much it took to make OW? And how much Cash OW pulled in from launch to date?

Mabe thay could use kickstarters or something along those lines to fund OW2 Smile?
Then the money thay made after launch would just be extra wits on the board just an idea

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Actually Outwitters had one of the best advertisement campaignes out there, following the success of TTL1, apple gave them a lot of free advertisement through displaying it on featured apps for a certain amount of time. You can dig out the article they made on it being a financial disaster, but in the end when they predicted millions would download it on release only 500,000 downloaded it on release. It could be the logo not representing the game, people being put off by the in app purchase module (there were some disgusting comments on the article on an external website), or the 'childish' nature. I can't get many people into it. The IAP model also resulted in many people freeloading as Scallywags, and at the time 1) Scallywags were the best race and 2) they resulted in slower paced games. Feedback may have been a better starting race to get people interested, but then again a brain would be a cool IAP.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
04-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Lol I got to say I can't picture scalywags ever being the best race awesome stallers sure
The only time I can think of there being a best race was when veggies had 3hp vines who could attack
(But I didn't play season 1 so idk)

Featured app is a good start for advertisement but with in game ads you get to advertise to ppl who might not be looking for a game ATM but may DL and play it if it looks fun
(as an example)I haven't been to the App Store in a month or so but if I see an ad in one of the games I ply I'd go DL it if it looked fun

I think scalywags was a good starter race thay could of made BS an IAP for 99cents wile still letting players use scalywags default units for free this would of solved the free loader problem but would of made getting to clever/gifted/masters slightly easyer and giving it a pay to win vibe so idk

As for feedback being default I personally find a majority of the time feedback&scalywags are both long teams to play and both use similar tactics to win XD

04-15-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 09:04 AM by Phyresis.)
Scallywags were by far the best race before the wit per kill patch. The special was just hands down the best. Mobi hit and run was just not as wit effiecient as it needed to be to fight the raw strength of the bombshell.

Also, please explain to me how feedback and scallywags use similar styles. I would almost say that they are the most different between the races.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Well thay both use the same concept build a wall of soldiers creep forward with the soldiers inching ur BS&scrambler bhind basically a snail/stall tactic I'm not saying every one plays them this ways just played a lot of players who have