Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
04-13-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
(04-13-2014 03:53 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 02:29 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  So what? He beat awpertunity and lawtai in my Mind Mass tourney.

What, so him beating me was a given?

Yes Tongue

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 04:19 AM
(04-13-2014 04:12 AM)Demon Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 03:53 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 02:29 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  So what? He beat awpertunity and lawtai in my Mind Mass tourney.

What, so him beating me was a given?

Yes Tongue

Oh yeah. Sorry, founder of Team Cheese (if you didn't know dat, Doodat).

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
04-13-2014, 11:01 AM
(04-13-2014 01:11 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I'll challenge you. Start a game on TG and try to harass my wit space.

I never said I was good at it, but some people have done it quite effectively against me.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-13-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2014 06:52 PM by Necrocat219.)
There's one thing not being considered. Like I said, it was before 1 wit on kill, when that was brought in it reduced the focus on capturing wit spaces.

The difference between the attacker and the defender is the attacker has to move a unit onto the wit space to have a win condition. Wit for kill didn't affect this, but the wits needed to remove that unit was decreased by 1, so attacks like the above were nerfed. Here's a simpler example:

P1 Runner on spawn (1w) runner that can jump on wit space (2w)

P2 runner on wit space (2w)

P1 attacks, then puts his runner on the wit space. Defender gets 1 less bonus wit, moves a unit next to kills runner, spawns runner lands it on wit space and kills runner

Cost without wit for kill P1: 1+2+2+1=6

Cost without wit for kill P2: 2+1+2+2=7

P1 gained 1 wit in that trade

HOWEVER, the exact same trade with wit per kill it is;

P1: 1+2+1+1=5

P2: 2+1+1+1=5

It's a wit tie, this is due to the defender killing more units. Point is, P1 had to land a runner on the wit spot with no attack to take advantage of wit per kill, a nerf on attacking wit spaces.

(A note to think about; you could control where the game could take place by doing this, it was wit even before if a soldier was next to the wit space, but you would force your opponent to play how you want to at your pace until the used another unit or boosted the runner, I kinda miss that. It's also probably why Harti couldn't get used to the game again)

Conclusion, I don't think that rush would actually be viable anymore :| it was fun though!

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
04-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Though it is annoying against mobi or BS that is camped right there...

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-14-2014, 12:24 AM
(04-13-2014 06:48 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  There's one thing not being considered. Like I said, it was before 1 wit on kill, when that was brought in it reduced the focus on capturing wit spaces.

The difference between the attacker and the defender is the attacker has to move a unit onto the wit space to have a win condition. Wit for kill didn't affect this, but the wits needed to remove that unit was decreased by 1, so attacks like the above were nerfed. Here's a simpler example:

P1 Runner on spawn (1w) runner that can jump on wit space (2w)

P2 runner on wit space (2w)

P1 attacks, then puts his runner on the wit space. Defender gets 1 less bonus wit, moves a unit next to kills runner, spawns runner lands it on wit space and kills runner

Cost without wit for kill P1: 1+2+2+1=6

Cost without wit for kill P2: 2+1+2+2=7

P1 gained 1 wit in that trade

HOWEVER, the exact same trade with wit per kill it is;

P1: 1+2+1+1=5

P2: 2+1+1+1=5

It's a wit tie, this is due to the defender killing more units. Point is, P1 had to land a runner on the wit spot with no attack to take advantage of wit per kill, a nerf on attacking wit spaces.

(A note to think about; you could control where the game could take place by doing this, it was wit even before if a soldier was next to the wit space, but you would force your opponent to play how you want to at your pace until the used another unit or boosted the runner, I kinda miss that. It's also probably why Harti couldn't get used to the game again)

Conclusion, I don't think that rush would actually be viable anymore :| it was fun though!

Yeah, but people still use that rush. It usually works if I claim the wit with the soldier, but when I claim with the runner it never succeeds.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]