Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
04-11-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: Noob Needs Answers to Possibly Dumb Questions
Clans have a lot of strategy discussion as well as just plain old talk. At least this is true for DL. Currently strategy-wise, we are talking about a top-secret strategy. Sorry, can't say anything anymore.

Another benefit to being in a clan is the amount of activity. Many people are much more active in clans than on the regular forum. If you have a question, you will get it answered much quicker in the DL forum than the Outwitters forum, for example.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 10:19 AM
(04-11-2014 09:01 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  Clans have a lot of strategy discussion as well as just plain old talk. At least this is true for DL. Currently strategy-wise, we are talking about a top-secret strategy. Sorry, can't say anything anymore.

Another benefit to being in a clan is the amount of activity. Many people are much more active in clans than on the regular forum. If you have a question, you will get it answered much quicker in the DL forum than the Outwitters forum, for example.

Pretty much operates the same way over in the Wolfpack Dog Park. We often will discuss different tournaments, strategies, or talk about different replays that we have posted in the forums.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Clans are pretty awesome, and since you posted that question I assume you are interested.
The clan list is here.
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=959

Or you could just skip to the best and apply there (shameless promotion).
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...6#pid53506

One thing to remember is that just because you are in a clan doesn't mean you can't get help from other members or different clans too. It's just pretty cool to have top secret discussions and junk.

04-11-2014, 11:28 AM
I also recommend DL.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
(04-11-2014 08:25 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 08:02 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  This might have come up in our last friendly, there are different strategies and styles of play in the different races. On glitch in particular it is best to be feedback, the reason for this is you can brainwash a unit at the bridge(middle of map) and kill a sniper

This is debatable, I think Scallies are pretty nice on this map, definitely at least par with Feedback.

I'd have to agree with doodat on that one

I'd say clans are a great way to meet other players. players who are truly trying to help you and want you to get better

As for strategy for species specific maps I'd say it's less about what map ur on and more about what team ur using and what team ur opponent is using
For example ~Poc13 likes feedback on glitch and doodat likes scallywags
Lets say thay play eachother and lets say there = in skill but because of gaps and narrow paths that can easily be blocked lets say doodat wins because his bombshell shoots over all that wile the scrambler has to be next to its target

Same example doodat and poc13 are battling it out on glitch agin but poc13 uses adorable's this time wile doodat stuck with scallywags this time Poc13 is ready for bombshell because he has set up snipers in key spots with mobi and has been clearing paths with hit'n'run gorilla warfare tactics poc13 won because bombshells lack of ability to attack and move unlike mobi+sniper

Just an example basically the point I mumbled on about trying to make is IMO maps in 1vs1 don't give a big enough edge to any one species to counter the edge certain species have over eachother so in short yes you can run a similar strategy with each team on each map ( wouldn't recommend it) but a lot of players use a cookie cutter opening thay seen in a 100 ST vids every time thay play and it works a lot of the time but it can backfire big time if ur opponents start innovating and has come up with a solid counter! So I recommend if you want to improve ur skills instead of watching vids and reading “top secret" tactics that will teach you cookie cutter playing styles which all get countered by players who just wing it is to join the wolf pack erm... I mean join a clan make some friends then challenge them Rawr! Nothing improved my skill more than getting whooped by great ant over and over and over.. And wing it that way instead of copying other players styles you find ur own and who knows other ppl may start copying you Smile

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-11-2014, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 12:40 PM by Demon.)
^^ Well said, my friend. Copying strategic bits only gets you so far. You gotta take them apart, learn how they work, combine their pieces into new strategies. Constant experimentation costs me a lot of league games haha. Definitely join a clan to get better, obviously I'd recommend Wolfpack (shameless link here), but other clans are fine too Smile

As for getting whooped by TGA, you've been whooping me lately Sad

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
04-11-2014, 12:41 PM
I have to say getting beat up on by Mag!cguy has helped a lot, plus I have found some awesome 2v2 partners.

04-11-2014, 12:45 PM
(04-11-2014 12:41 PM)jchris98 Wrote:  I have to say getting beat up on by Mag!cguy has helped a lot, plus I have found some awesome 2v2 partners.

Since joining Wolfpack, I've teamed up with izzilla (placed Master, briefly appeared in top 200), spacechef (still completing placements), and Extreme Ghost (Master League, floating somewhere around #100 or so). Far and away the best 3 2v2 partners I've ever had.

04-11-2014, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 01:25 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
Lol teaming up with guild m8s just makes sense
Since
1# you have already 1 thing in common
2# you know there into this game as much as you to join an online gang woot woot ~north side of the forms represent *throws up gang sign*--->(actually just Star Trek Live long and prosper sign) and that there not going to abandon you

@Demon you are by far my best 2vs2 partner who would of though Ghost & Demons teaming up would turn out so wickedly good!@ Super Titans we know where you are we know who you are we have a specific set of skills which we have honed and we are COMING FOR YOU! You may run but you can't hide all I got to say Tongue

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-11-2014, 02:00 PM
^^ Haha it's not like we even plan half the time stuff just kinda happens and we win. Some of the strategies we've used are just plain crazy. Keep movin' up towards ST!