Poll: What do you do?
I only move once per day in a game.
I have a fixed timetable.
I open only a few games so that it won't overload me.
I'm so addicted, I'm playing all day all night.
OML should limit the amount of turns you can take :O
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Serious question: How do you get away from Outwitters?
07-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Serious question: How do you get away from Outwitters?
I wanted to get some work done by this weekend, however, just like on release weekend, I seemed to be glued to my iPad playing Outwitters all day.

Unless I refrain from starting new games or my opponents are sleeping, I really have some sort of "Just THIS one more turn!" or "My opponent is so excited for our game, I shouldn't delay the next turn" or "I'm currently losing, interested to see what happened to my units" feeling which always gets me back to the device.

In order not to be distracted by Outwitters, right now I closed the iPad's cover, muted it, put the iPhone face-down and into vibration mode (Outwitters won't make a sound/vibrate on my iPhone) so that I don't miss any calls and put my headphones on.

It doesn't really keep me from checking my iPhone in intervals of 30 minutes though.

Do you have a fixed timetable when you take your turns? Do you allow yourself to exceed it? What if you're really excited about that one hard match?

What do you do? Big Grin

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: Serious question: How do you get away from Outwitters?
Good question! I try to only move in a couple games at a time, then get something done. I use games like Outwitters and HA as a reward to myself for accomplishing something.
07-15-2012, 11:38 PM
It depends on what I'm supposed to be doing, but even if it's something important I usually sneak a turn or two in. Plus anytime I'm waiting for someone else's turn I find myself refreshing my game list every 30 seconds or so.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-16-2012, 12:39 AM
I do exactly what you do Harti, I don't start new games and try to finish the ones I have. Problem is, I'm developing for iOS so I have my devices right next to me all day. My iPhone's lock screen is the Outwitters wallpaper. Every time my code fails I feel like taking a quick wit-break instead of debugging Big Grin

I haven't been this obsessed with a game since Tripletown!
07-16-2012, 06:58 AM
It was like that for me at first. Getting interupted all the time, taking a turn right after I got the notification, because I knew the other was probably also playing right now. I have turned off notifications now and actually playing it as an async TBS - not a RTS game Wink
07-16-2012, 09:46 PM
With asynchronous games it's very important to turn the sound notifications off to retain your sanity! While I was very active after launch it cooled down a little and I usually play a move or two when I take a break - always depending on what I'm currently doing with no fixed plan.
In the morning when I get up and in the evening before I go to bed I usually submit a move for every game.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I'd just turn my phone's Wifi off, and disable cellular data.I can't say I'm all that addicted to the game just yet due to being placed in Masters and losing repetitively.
07-18-2012, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 11:01 AM by brayton.)
At thee moment i wait for for my games or play all the time, do strategy games in mean time. I had planned to complete some tasks i set for these few weeks but once outwitters came out i have done no work, and the agony if the internet is down.
I play at night time so when i sleep the majourity of players are awake, and i have to sleep so i dont play at 2am.
I am so adiicted to the forum, ive spent much more time on the forum than the game

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]