Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can someone sticky a thread looking for partners?
07-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Can someone sticky a thread looking for partners?
I read in a tournament thread that there’s a thread about looking for partners. Can we have that stickied? It would make it a lot easier than digging around...

Thanks and THANKS One Man Left for a great game! Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Can someone sticky a thread looking for partners?
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/search.php ?

I don't see why a partner finding thread needs to be stickied, frankly. There are some more important topics that could use a place at the top, like the AI thread or FTA discussions.

There's also always the option for OML to subdivide this part into more forums of different topics.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-15-2012, 10:48 PM
(07-15-2012 10:33 PM)Harti Wrote:  I don't see why a partner finding thread needs to be stickied, frankly.

Well, because I’m guessing that lots of new folks like me come here looking for partners. Angel

Quote:There are some more important topics that could use a place at the top, like the AI thread or FTA discussions.

Agreed, I also suggested the AI thread. What’s FTA?

Quote:There's also always the option for OML to subdivide this part into more forums of different topics.

Definitely.
07-15-2012, 10:52 PM
(07-15-2012 10:48 PM)Amateur6 Wrote:  
(07-15-2012 10:33 PM)Harti Wrote:  I don't see why a partner finding thread needs to be stickied, frankly.

Well, because I’m guessing that lots of new folks like me come here looking for partners. Angel
There is an old internet wisdom: 'lurk before posting'. Browsing through existing threads will inevitably lead you to the various 'looking for partner'-threads.

(07-15-2012 10:33 PM)Harti Wrote:  There are some more important topics that could use a place at the top, like the AI thread or FTA discussions.

Agreed, I also suggested the AI thread. What’s FTA?
FTA is first turn advantage - the concept that the first player has a strategic advantage over the second player and therefore a higher chance of winning if both players are of equal skill.

(07-15-2012 10:33 PM)Harti Wrote:  There's also always the option for OML to subdivide this part into more forums of different topics.
Definitely.
I like the organic approach of forum management too, so this is definitely a possibility.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 11:25 PM
(07-15-2012 10:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  There is an old internet wisdom: 'lurk before posting'. Browsing through existing threads will inevitably lead you to the various 'looking for partner'-threads.

True dat. But I looked, and all that I found were a bunch of “looking for a partner” threads that were already answered. I don’t mean to belabor the point, but like I said this is THE reason I came to the forum. I found a lot of answers to some of my other questions, but what’s the harm in one stickied thread for a good purpose? I don’t see how it hurts the forum (and yes, I’m single-minded). Blush
07-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Maybe a section for "looking for partners" on the forum
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey, just go with the flow if people don't agree with stickying a partners thread. Go ahead and make your own "looking fior parter"! Infact, it would be more noticeable and you will get partners faster. I can be a partner if you want me to. Pm me.
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Yay! Someone stickied it! Thank you thank you thank you! <3