Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A guide to race matchups - a community work. Contribute now!
04-03-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: A guide to race matchups - a community work. Contribute now!
-Keep an eye out for signs of an adorable player spawning 2 mobis, if you time it right and make sure to attack mostly damaging units, it could win you the game through overwhelming the opponent.
-Killing Adorable snipers is worth 4 wits unboosted, 5 wits boosted. Make sure a trade is worth it before killing a sniper that is vulnerable.
-(I've given a lot of advice in my guide on how to play Adorables already)

-The Bombshell is worth 10 wits on it's own + boosted, and thats if it sets up right after spawning. Make sure to keep an eye on where a Bombshell is going to be set up if they move it and don't set up, as them successfully controlling a key area could be an immediate loss
-If you need vision close to your opponents Bombshell, spawn + move a runner 4 spaces away, and spawn a medic (or move the one already there) to heal it next to it. This is especially effective if the runner is on a vulnerable wit space, such as on Thorn Gulley.
-The Bombshell despite it's power is poor at assaulting on large maps, whilst you can't rush them, they can't rush you. If you spot them spawn one, take your time to make sure you make your army efficiently or look for weaknesses away from the bombshell(s).

-The Scrambler has the potential both to be a game winning pawn or a game loser. Games are won not by scrambling a good unit (unless it's a special) but through that unit being used usefully by killing a sniper or special, getting key damage onto the base or by making a move that the opponent was unprepared for. Having 1 unit in range of scrambling and a row of soldiers behind it to protect vulnerable units reduces the impact a Scrambler can have whilst putting pressure on if the scrambler is present.
-One unit that can be extremely key is the Heavy. Scrambling it gains 3 damage, plus if you can have a medic in range to heal it up you have made a massive return on wits. Just note that even healing it up that much you may want to still sacrifice it; the heavy takes a lot of wits to move, and if the opponent hasn't got a sniper it can take them up to 5 wits to kill it.
-Using a medic to counter chip damage from Bombshells and Mobis (if they do) works well with the above!
-Using 3 health Soldiers against Scramblers is a lot more favourable than against any other race as by having only 3 health soldiers in range of the scrambler it reduces the wits it can waste of you by 1. This is minimal though, and Feedback can easily alternate between Scramblers and Snipers.
-Likewise advice based on the above for Feedback; the race can pivot between Snipers and Scramblers depending if and where 3 health and 4 health soldiers are being placed. In fact if a player decided to abandon 4 health soldiers just spawning snipers can be more than enough. Rock paper scissors!

-When you plan to use it, plant it a turn early and spawn 2 thorns in the direction that you plan to use it in. This will let you attack with them, retract your first thorn and allow you to attack the same unit with the bramble again. Expensive, but it is really useful for >Killing a non-adorable sniper, killing Scramblers, dealing an amount of damage that the opponent wasn't expecting (especially effective on Bombshells and Mobis) and providing a much needed extra damage.
-You can do the same above, but replace the second thorn attack with a unit for a much more efficient attack. It's a lot more predictable though.
-Don't rush straight into a Bramble if you can help it, it takes a lot of wit investment for it to get going (8-9+ however many thorns, second most expensive is Bombshell 11 wits tops!)

General advice: In my opinion, Soldiers are more reliable and worth more than Specials when comparing cost to what they do. The exception to this is Bombshell, who is arguable more reliable than soldiers due to their bulk + situational offence in exchange for mobility and flexible offence. Keep this in mind though when going up against a race you have a tough time with, as this can help you not have to rely on your special as much if you can't use it well vs that opponent.

(Now, sorry if you don't really want me to do this but I'm going to add this to my guide too as especially my Bombshell and Bramble advice are lacking)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A guide to race matchups - a community work. Contribute now! - Necrocat219 - 04-03-2014 07:38 AM