Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Elite Invitation Only League
07-27-2012, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 05:22 AM by ArtNJ.)
RE: Elite Invitation Only League
(07-27-2012 03:41 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Is it too late to join this? I've been thinking that Outwitters needs some sort of league like Hero Academy does, despite already having the built in league system.

Anyway, not sure my exact record, but I'm like a number 8 Masters league in 1v1s, record of something like 38-2.

I have sort of lost interest in regularly updating the won-loss records, as it does start matching you approproriately after a bit. A tournament might be a better bet.

That said, I'm fully updating it now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I do think a tournament would be fun. You know I love tournaments! I'm happy to run one...but I don't feel I have the chops in this community yet? Maybe that's silly.
07-27-2012, 05:32 AM
(07-27-2012 05:25 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Yeah, I do think a tournament would be fun. You know I love tournaments! I'm happy to run one...but I don't feel I have the chops in this community yet? Maybe that's silly.

Someone has to step up, and no one has. I think you'd be a great choice because you have run tournaments before for an IOS asynch game (Hero Academy) and know the type of issues that come up. Since I know you are very reliable, I'll agree to be your "second" as long as I dont have to actually do anything unless you get sick or something.

FYI, OneAlexLeft offered to have the system spit out the top however many names based on hidden matchmaking rating if you want it to be an invitational. Maybe we could get 50 names, see how many sign up, and fill extra slots (if any) for a 32 man tourney with some type of (very) rapid qualifier.
07-27-2012, 05:43 AM
(07-27-2012 05:32 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  
(07-27-2012 05:25 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Yeah, I do think a tournament would be fun. You know I love tournaments! I'm happy to run one...but I don't feel I have the chops in this community yet? Maybe that's silly.

Someone has to step up, and no one has. I think you'd be a great choice because you have run tournaments before for an IOS asynch game (Hero Academy) and know the type of issues that come up. Since I know you are very reliable, I'll agree to be your "second" as long as I dont have to actually do anything unless you get sick or something.

FYI, OneAlexLeft offered to have the system spit out the top however many names based on hidden matchmaking rating if you want it to be an invitational. Maybe we could get 50 names, see how many sign up, and fill extra slots (if any) for a 32 man tourney with some type of (very) rapid qualifier.

Alright cool, maybe I'll set something up tonight. As for having Alex give us the actual top ranked people - I think that would be AWESOME. In fact I would love it if he could give us regular updates, it would really allow Outwitters to grow as a hardcore community. It's too bad that number 1 ST is as far as you can go, and there's no way to know how you rank among top SuperTitans.

However, for partly selfish reasons (I'm not ranked in the top 50...YET! ;P), and because it is the first community tournament and we should gauge the interest level for this sort of thing, I'm thinking this tournament should be open to all.
07-27-2012, 05:48 AM
That makes sense. I dont know that Alex would want to give them in order, or even that he meant to generate them by the hidden matchmaking rating. All he offered to do was have the system spit out a list of names -- he might have meant by points.

But yeah, I agree, I'd like to see a list of the top 50 by hidden matchmaking rating.
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Time to revive this thread for STL peeps sick of queuing second. So, in essence, looking for friendly games to swap off P1 and P2.

I think if ppl want to resign if they get the P1 queue, it should be ok, and not bad etiquette.

Any takers from the top100?
08-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm down Nirva. Might be at 20 games as of this post, but feel free to challenge me anytime.
08-16-2012, 03:58 AM
Where can you see the losses?
Have 69 won but don t know for the losses, i think 4 or 5
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm in as well as I can hardly get any ranked games going. So anyone who wanna play just drop me an invite.

Soldier spam FTW