Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Where are my losses listed? Game statistics
07-15-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: Where are my losses listed? Game statistics
Maybe if there was an option to show losses that was not defultly on...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 12:43 PM by Fluffysox.)
I see your first post. I think it is fine and is a reasonable argument to bring up
I see your second post. A bit rude...Only 2 people work on this game.
I don't understand you third post. I think your trying to say that people who hate losing play this game? If you are trying to say that, well, it's not true. I've met lots of well mannered people when they lose.

And as other people have stated, Outwitters is smart enough to match you to your skill level and making sure you have your fair share of looses and wins. Most people will be hanging around 50/50 and those who are slightly under or over can't be judged by stats alone.

I'm guessing you got your -1 rep from this thread?
07-15-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 06:34 PM by Mowmail.)
I am trying to stay neutral and see both sides argument. But I can't.

Calmon on brings up a good point, what if people want to see their losses. Maybe there could be some option or something. OR If you really really want to know, you could just count!

The point that everyone else is making is that seeing you 40 league wins is more positive than your 40-72 league record. This is also a valid argument.

I going to side against you calmon because of your rude and stubborn behavior.
07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I won one match and I got demoted from master t clever and I won easily! There is something wrong with the system.
07-15-2012, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 06:47 PM by Mowmail.)
Check here
Hope it helps Wink
07-16-2012, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 04:24 AM by Mizywill.)
Although it isn't quite the same as keeping a record of you actual losses you can get a somewhat decent feel of your performance by comparing your standing with your wins. This should help you out if your purpose is comparing with other other players. For example, if your ranked 18 in gifted with 20 opposed to someone ranked 15 with 42 wins ( basically just making these numbers up ) then it's my understanding your losses to wins are much lower than the guy ranked 15.

I could be totally wrong here and understand that opponent ranking plays into your placement, it as you progress you should be playing people comparably placed so I think this is a decent measure of your performance.

Please let me know if I'm missing something on my approach.
I guess what I'm saying is its the quality of the wins over the losses that's important and when people are mentioning their records they probably just need to cite their placement and wins. Why worry about a loss against a player in a higher league that may hardly reduce your standing? It's when you kick that same players butt that counts. I mean you were expected to lose.
07-16-2012, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 11:01 PM by calmon.)
This Thread was the result of some disappointment from my side. My apologies to all I've offended.

I'm a software developer by myself and its not fair to bring up the few critic points in such a tempered way. The game is pretty good as it is.
07-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Mizywill: I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Initial placement in league will skew it. If you were placed #10 in the league, and then went 20-20 for your next 40 games and stay at rank #10, you'd have 20 wins and 20 losses. If you were placed #90th in the league and then went 20-10 in your next 30 games, you might end up at rank #10, with a record of 20-10.

calmon: I think you mean "apologies," not "excuses."
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 11:45 AM by Mizywill.)
Nivra0: I understand what you're saying and I agree with the basis, but the example is a but unlikely. For someone to end up at the same rank after 20 wins and losses would mean that the skill of the people they lose to is as equally bad as the skill level of the people they beat is good, so essentially they are always beating better players and losing to worse.

If it takes someone more wins to advance only a little than either they are beating less skilled opponents or losing more games.

So although this is possible I think its unlikely and still believe that the individuals that advance faster with less wins are the stronger and that you shouldn't worry about losses against stronger opponents when the odds were against you to begin with, it's the wins against these guys that count.

Although what I'm saying isn't a perfect measurement I believe it's a fair one and what people claim they have as losses doesn't mean much without knowing the quality of the opponents they lost too.
Anway, I think the fact that losses won't be recorded has been established and the person that started the thread has called it so I think that's it for this issue. People I'll develop their own system.
I mean people will ... Again, that darn auto complete/correct.
07-26-2012, 08:13 PM
(07-15-2012 07:37 AM)revlisoft Wrote:  I would love to see stats showing

- total losses & wins
- losses & wins for each map w/ ratio
- opponent played history
- total turns / maps

Those are additions I would also like to see. What also might be interesting:
- W/L per opponent (some opponents I've battled >5 times)

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2