Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
07-14-2012, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 10:56 PM by advakharia95.)
Demoted
Making another thread, this one being dedicated to improper demotion.
I just WON a game against a clever and I am a super Titan.
I gained points for winning and got knocked to the gifted league...?
And I know they are doing new ladder stuff but I haven't lost a single league match yet and I've won 17... I am so confused to why I would get bumped down, not only one, but two leagues.
Anyone having the same issues, post here.
This is the game I won.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: Demoted
This is because of a recent change of the leagues. Alex made adjustments to the way the system distributes players among the different leagues. There were quite alot of players in high leagues who haven't even won all of their placement matches, so they wanted to get rid of that noise eventually.

No offense as I don't know about how you play, but the system may have deemed you unworthy of playing in Super-Titan and Master league after the threshold change.

Read more here: Sticky thread about sudden league changes

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-14-2012, 11:31 PM
But I've only lost two games, both friendly. Never lost a placement or a league match. But now if it finds my play style unworthy... I have no clue what to fix cuz I'm beating fellow super titans with my style. Hopefully, everything will work itself out and I'll get back up there. But that was harsh cuz it dropped me two levels for winning. Anyways, thanks.
07-14-2012, 11:32 PM
If you're saying that you won 17 league games in total, I don't think that this is enough to tell if it's really a consistent thing or if you happened to have lots of games against people with low skill ratings. You never know. I got paired against four distinct "Super-Titans", too, and felt like I was in a placement match or something.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Ok, still doesn't make complete sense, maybe if I moved down to masters, that's fine.but whatever, thanks for the help Harti!
07-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Just win your way back Smile, I had to win 80 matches in my masters league to ge promoted.

GC: cherylto
07-15-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm sorry, but I dont think its possible to defend a 17-0 player in Gifted. Makes no sense.

17-0 is plenty to determine this is one of our better players, not in any sense average.
07-15-2012, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 02:01 AM by Harti.)
(07-15-2012 01:33 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I dont think its possible to defend a 17-0 player in Gifted. Makes no sense.

17-0 is plenty to determine this is one of our better players, not in any sense average.

Wait, wasn't it you to suggest a 25-win threshold for Master League? (or was it Super-Titan league? I forget Angel )

07-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Yup. Just got demoted to gifted. I'm kinda irritated, but I guess I'll keep playing and wait it out. :/

I AM THE 99.9997%!

07-15-2012, 03:17 AM
It seems every two or so matches I win I get either promoted or demoted.