Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uprooting old topics - Veggienaut buff suggestion
03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Uprooting old topics - Veggienaut buff suggestion
My favorite buff for Veggies was parent-child healing: Basically a hybrid of what we have now and what we had back when Bramble was OP: Medics can heal a parent thorn and heal each of its children as well, making 3 HP attacking thorns possible at the cost of +1 wit per chain (plus a wit to move the medic probably). Obviously you wouldn't be able to boost another 3HP thorn, because it's already boosted, so it would introduce some elements of strategy. I'm not sure if boosting the Bramble itself should boost all thorns though. It would encourage players to boost their Brambles, but it might be OP

I also would like to see a UI mod that highlights the children of a parent thorn when you select it. (in your team's color when you select it and in gray when you opponent does) so you don't have to check the replay 1000 times to figure out which thorns to attack.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 04:41 PM
One buff/debug I thought of was that whatever the health of the thorn that grew another thorn would be transferred to that thorn, so if a 1hp thorn grew another thorn it would also be 1hp. Similarly, if a 3hp thorn grew another thorn it would be 3hp (but cannot be buffed, that would be over the top)

How much mobi would a mobi-sniper snipe if a mobi-sniper could snipe mobis?

Probably not much.
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
(03-23-2014 04:41 PM)Dabestbro Wrote:  One buff/debug I thought of was that whatever the health of the thorn that grew another thorn would be transferred to that thorn, so if a 1hp thorn grew another thorn it would also be 1hp. Similarly, if a 3hp thorn grew another thorn it would be 3hp (but cannot be buffed, that would be over the top)

That's basicly the same OP bramble every one was using haha
Just boost the 1st vine and then spawn everything off that and you will have 3hp vines everywhere if some one would knock a vine down to 1hp you could just banish it and spawn a new 3hp vine (no one would spawn an army of 1hp vines)

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-24-2014, 02:13 AM
I think that any new vines would be 2 hp and you would have to "re-heal" the first vine to get the others back to 3. Seems good because it is a buff that would also cost a few wits to implement.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
03-24-2014, 02:48 AM
My idea would be to change medics so that a medic can always heal one bramble per turn without using a wit.
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
(03-24-2014 02:13 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I think that any new vines would be 2 hp and you would have to "re-heal" the first vine to get the others back to 3. Seems good because it is a buff that would also cost a few wits to implement.

except a medic can't buff an already buffed unit, so if the parent thorn is already at 3HP, then the children can't be buffed.

This is good though, because it forces the Veggie player to decide strategically when they will buff their thorn chain. Doing so too early will force them to move their medic to buff the next child in line, doing so too late will result in wasted wits from spawning unbuffed thorns

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-25-2014, 03:25 AM
It would be nice if there would be a display showing which vines would be affected by an uprooting, like if they showed the "splash damage" thing on top of the children vines.

That wouldn't be any radical change, just a UI helper

Master League
Top 200: #109
GCID: Xerozen
03-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Ok, let's open up opportunities...
It is true that those endless brambles are boring, so a discussion on buffing them is boring... I mean, makes boring gameplay.

Different thought: what if attacking a bramble would always cause the attacking unit one health. Removing bramble hurts, I know from experience..
Another option could be to bramble units instead of buffing units... If you hit the unit, you loose one health and the bramble is gone. Would totally mess up people, if you play against buffed next to brambled units.. Just thinking out of the box! In this case, I would even bring down health of bramble too one, used for scouting and brambling units.

Another new unit might be the Bee-Sting: a bee-runner that moves like a runner and can sting a unit once and instantly dies. Nice for a new insect-race. Could open up static games by having several bees hitting same part of defence... Useful against bramble and bss... Ok, I stop now, unless there is some positive Feedback... Ehm, feedback... Not the race...

Cheers! - Japsie -