Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OSN Data Sharing Initiative
03-12-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: OSN Data Sharing Initiative
I was ninja'd XD

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 11:03 AM
^Lawtai would know, dude plays lightning-fast. Guaranteed will send turn in under 15 minutes lol.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-12-2014, 11:04 AM
(03-12-2014 10:59 AM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 10:56 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 10:52 AM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  The point we are trying to make is that developing strats isn't as useful as you think. A lot of the best strats have been used and reused, so mastering these is not that great, since people expect to see them and are ready to counter. The best strats are invented on the fly, since no one sees them coming. So I don't much care if people can watch my replays, since I probably don't even remember what I did. And if someone cares about beating me enough to hardcore research my play, honestly, I'm flattered.

I understand your concern, since you're trying to test just a couple things out secretly, but I don't think it's as big a deal as you think.

He's not saying he cares about mastering currently popular strategies with friendlies; he is saying that he wants to try new, currently unknown strategies and he wants to keep them secret so that he can use them effectively in league.

I agree that friendlies should not automatically be uploaded to OSN.
I suppose I can't really relate to this as I just make things up as I go.

Which is fine. Don't attack this guy just because he has a different viewpoint Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-12-2014, 11:24 AM
This is scientific proof that even pixel/cyber wolfs hunt in packs this thread should be on a nature documentary bwhaha Big Grin

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
03-12-2014, 12:38 PM
(03-12-2014 11:24 AM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  This is scientific proof that even pixel/cyber wolfs hunt in packs this thread should be on a nature documentary bwhaha Big Grin

Lol

And apologies to SuperDonkey, again, I understand where you're coming from, though I don't agree. I do not mean to be so aggressive in my arguments, I am a person who is very strong in his opinions and do not mean to be rude.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-12-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 01:09 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
It's just ~Passion~ colliding a tad ^ no one was trying to be rude Smile
I don't think there's any one on the forms who's not passionate (why would we put the time into reading about the game/game related stuff if we weren't all totally hooked XD

03-12-2014, 11:48 PM
(03-12-2014 11:00 AM)lawtai Wrote:  At least in our clan, we make it a point that you shouldn't be posting screen shots and asking for help about an on going game. Once the game is over, or before the game starts everything is fair, but during the game it should be between the two people playing.

While you're free to play out your friendly to try and figure out strategy for your league games, I really doubt that most players are taking the time to look through your replays and seeing what you're doing. I highly doubt any current Super Titan plays the game this way, as I've played against some that send their turn back immediately, not leaving them enough time to actually do what you're suggesting.

If you're practising against a friend in a higher league to improve I could see how that can be annoying if an opponent decided to look at your most recent games, I sometimes look at opponents openings to learn what I need to do to improve against my current level if I don't know what opening I'm in the mood to play.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-13-2014, 12:40 AM
What is worse is when people watch your replay to learn strategies. They learn it so well that they crush me afterwards, because I'm too predictable. Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-13-2014, 01:31 AM
(03-12-2014 07:25 AM)SuperDonkey Wrote:  The Friendly game has been a very convenient way to prepare for important games like placement games (you lose one of those, kiss any promotion dreams you had goodbye).

I don't think you understand how the "placement games" work.

Once the season finishes, the very first game you finish is your "placement game". Not the first game you start after the season finishes, but just the first game that finishes. For example, if I had started a game in Season One that turned into a 4000 turn marathon and then happened to finish last Thursday or whenever Season Five started, that game would've been my "placement" game. So basically, you have no idea which game your placement game will be (unless you're only playing one game at a time). When the seasons switched from 3 to 4, I ended up 'finishing' a game about 3 days before the season switch-over, I only had to attack the base once to finish my opponent off. I decided to just wait the 3 days until the season's switched, then finish the game, and was immediately placed again. I didn't do this from Season 4 to 5, because it seemed a little mean in retrospect.

When you win or lose your placement game, your Hidden Rating is evaluated as usual based on the win/loss and on the Hidden Rating of your opponent. At this point your Hidden Rating is used to determine what league you're in. It is possible (but not very common) that you will end up in a different league than you were in before. This is because there is a "buffer" between the leagues.

Let's say hypothetically that in order to be promoted to ST, you have to get a Hidden Rating of 1500. Once you get to 1500, you get promoted. Then you lose your next game, and fall to 1495. Rather than immediately demote you, there's a buffer, so that you actually have to fall down to 1400 to get demoted. If this did not exist, it's possible that if you were win/lose/win/lose back and forth (and the way the matchmaking is set up, you are likely to be going back and forth like this a lot), you would be getting promoted or demoted after every match.

What the placement game does is this: Let's say you got to 1500 on a hot streak, got promoted to ST, but then lost a bit and settled back around 1420 for the rest of the season. When this season's placement game was finished, you would be placed back into Master. This is what the placement games are for, for putting people who've fallen back into that buffer zone into the league that their Hidden Rating represents. Whatever game your placement game ends up being, it has the same effect on your hidden rating as any other, and you will be placed into the correct league accordingly.

I'm pretty sure that's how the system works, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-13-2014, 05:01 AM
(03-08-2014 02:59 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  [*]What would you do with the data? (Just a brief example)

I would find it very interesting if someone figured out the win percentages for different openings from the super titan games!

Soldier spam FTW