Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
07-17-2012, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 05:30 AM by Harti.)
RE: Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
The pivot point we're disputing about is:

- getting demoted to clean the leagues
- after a WIN
- TWO leagues down.

Yes, this is awkward. But really, are we discussing because the color, name and shape of our league isn't as bling-bling as it was before? Rolleyes

Like I said before, OML could have reset the whole leagues and divisions just like they did it last week, too! They had to do something about the situation anyway, so there's only very limited solutions.

From my point of view it really does _NOT_ matter if it's

1) your league stats getting reset, you have to do 1 placement match (and get placed in a much lower league afterwards if you were in the wrong place before)

or

2) keep going, you will probably get demoted if you're in the wrong place.
/edit: 2b) keep going, you will probably get demoted when you lose your next game. Only one league down but mind you, the next game you lose will demote you, too! (seriously?)

Both will result in you being assigned one or two leagues lower than you've been before. The only difference it makes is that (1) would have affected EVERY player, even those whose hidden ratings were okay for their league (= annoying, people first think their game is broken, then bitch about the pointless reset), and (2) would only affect the players who didn't deserve to get into their league in the first place but got there through a system glitch (= frustrating, people bitch about getting demoted).

It was OML's call, I sort of dislike both solutions but after what happened last week (after we all had to do 1 placement match) was just horrible (the leagues were reset completely with 5 placements to go and some old games not counting towards these 5), so... I'd really rather go for (2). Which is what I'm defending currently.

Again, Gifted League shall be the highest you can get through your placements, which is why it's named "gifted" after all. Take it you're a natural in this game and feel honored.
How can you "master" a game you just started playing? Makes absolutely no sense!

So please calm down, face reality (i.e. the fact that you can't be considered a master at a game you just went 19-2 in), convert your anger and hatred into motivation and begin to climb your way up. :O

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days - Harti - 07-17-2012 05:28 AM