Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 01:41 PM by brayton.)
RE: Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days
(07-16-2012 12:50 AM)RockinBabyRo Wrote:  Demotion or loss of rank on a win is unacceptable - no matter how misplaced the combatant is.

Perhaps you can placate the masses by having a "season" that will end sometime in the future and, with your polished new algorithm, have everyone redo their placement. (And maybe the league winners will get some token for their awesomeness, like a small flag on all their future bases ... or a "lifetime wins" category, or something... you know what I mean.)

I suggest this because in a single loss, I fell from mid-Master to low-Clever (70th). Now, I don't mind having to battle my way back up to where I truly belong, but at this rate of increase (~10 places per win), I could save myself 20+ games by just creating a new GC userID ... and that's *if* I don't lose.......Undecided

i was 28 in "tiny claws" in master, lost to a clever and fell to 60 in "slow stick" in clever. i know that i will eventually get back to there if i can play that well, but do i have to play heeps of games to get promoted, when some casual players dont play for ages. i cannot even play the game for an hour or 2 because i have to wait on the other player. i think all is fine if there is a"real time match" that 2 players battle on 2 maps, going first and second. same with 4 plaYER. otherwise i will fall while some play real time matches waiting for there reply
i dont intend to sound nasty or ungrateful, its just you cannot here the tone in my voice.

i do think seasons of games would be great, 2 or 4 a year. i do think points should be temporary, because otherwise it can be just how many games you played. 500 points is the top in clever league, with second being 200. and a star rating(or wits) for the amount of points over time. under 100 points equals one wit(or star rating), 100-200 equals 2, 200-400 equals 3, 400-600 equals 4, 600-1000 equals 5. because i have 90 points, while others have 100s although it is just time based AND winning. a point leaderboard would be good.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some unexpected ladder shifts may happen over the next few days - brayton - 07-16-2012 01:32 PM