Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turtle Advice
02-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Turtle Advice
I am doing pretty well in masters (I play as feedbacks) - my one big problem is against scalawags. When they get their cannon and sit back, I just can't figure out how to get close in and take him out. It usually plays out with them getting more cannons and inching forward to victory. Any advice??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: Turtle Advice
That happens to me too! I can't do anything to kill it as there's usually a wall of soldiers in front of it. I play as adorables

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
02-16-2014, 10:02 AM
I've actually been having a similar problem just recently, butt hats also cause I'm starting to face harder opponents. I think I'm getting close to masters. Smile
02-16-2014, 10:55 AM
The best strategy I've found is to keep back a bit and then take it out in one strike when you get a chance. Unfortunately, if the shell is well-placed and defended, this usually involves quite a wit investment.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Think of it as this: bombshell = 10 wits minimum: spawn, boost, move, shell.
You can use those 10 wits as you choose

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
02-16-2014, 11:15 AM
I would have a direct answer playing as adorables, but playing as feedback I would recommend that you answer with a soldier wall, making sure to boost as many to 4hp as you can, making sure you have plenty of spare wits to take advantage of a weak turn and to place soldiers and scramblers in order to make it inefficient for the opponent to advance. I can't really say about a specific example though but that is fairly general.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-16-2014, 11:18 AM
As adorables, the mobi/sniper combo is an invaluable counter. If they don't boost the shell, woe upon them.

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
02-16-2014, 12:57 PM
A bombshell always takes more wits than it's worth to take out when you're Feedback. It will generally cost 12 wits minumum to take out their 10 wit bombshell. Accept that.

I have had success with the following: Form a wall just in the BS's splash range composed of 4 HP soldiers (usually you only need 2). Behind those, put some more soldiers, 3HP is fine, you jsut need them to take out defending soldiers. By the time you have that set up, your 4HP guys will probably be down to 1 or 2 HP, but you should be able to attack with those 4 the next turn. This works best with Sniper support for the things they send in to kill your front guards, and the attack works best with Scrambler support to acquire any soldiers you may lose on the way.

skip to turn 107, and you'll see me do it 3 times in a row this way Wink (I lost that game, but the fact remains, I killed 4 bombshells):

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlMTI6gsM

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Killing 4 bombshells in a game is pretty impressive. Especially considering how things were playing out. Too bad you lost that one cause you put up a hell of a fight!
02-17-2014, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 05:03 AM by Flarp55.)
The best way to beat scally is to strike early. If you let them settle in, it is really hard to beat them. Ask spacechef. I'm playing him as scally on sweetie plains.

This is especially true of feedback, as the scrambler can execute an early attack very well.

(02-16-2014 12:57 PM)ElPared Wrote:  A bombshell always takes more wits than it's worth to take out when you're Feedback. It will generally cost 12 wits minumum to take out their 10 wit bombshell. Accept that.

I have had success with the following: Form a wall just in the BS's splash range composed of 4 HP soldiers (usually you only need 2). Behind those, put some more soldiers, 3HP is fine, you jsut need them to take out defending soldiers. By the time you have that set up, your 4HP guys will probably be down to 1 or 2 HP, but you should be able to attack with those 4 the next turn. This works best with Sniper support for the things they send in to kill your front guards, and the attack works best with Scrambler support to acquire any soldiers you may lose on the way.

skip to turn 107, and you'll see me do it 3 times in a row this way Wink (I lost that game, but the fact remains, I killed 4 bombshells):

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlMTI6gsM

That usually doesn't work against a well-defended BS, especially if there's another BS right next to it, with which they can take out most of your attack. Also, it is generally wit-inefficient. Your opponent was really sloppy about defending his BSes and you would have easily won if you'd defended your wit space a little more.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]