Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotion??
01-25-2014, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 01:35 AM by Modvenger.)
Promotion??
Normally, you would think
You should be happy about promotion, but I was happy being #1 in gifted. It's a bit frustrating putting all that effort but now being bottom of the list. Ok I'm done griping.

Only thing is I don't understand how the ratings work. As in, i don't want to bust mt butt to make it to the top only to be promoted to a new league. How do you know when leagues start-stop? I would rather be unlisted on my record than have a low ranking. Ie- the idea of having to work so hard and than have a mediocre rating is not appealing.

Ps- I know I have more learning to go, but that either means playing lots of games or buying upgrade to try new race/maps test out more. So being "better" isn't appealing atm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: Promotion??
So the league you're in (gifted/masters) is dependent upon your hidden ranking. The rank you see on your profile is dependent on a so called "activity" ranking. The more you play/win the higher you get on that ranking in your profile.

The reason you jumped from gifted to masters wasn't because you were ranked #1 in your gifted league, but because your hidden ranking finally crossed a threshold that designates which league you should be in.

No one knows the hidden ranking algorithm or thresholds. Your profile ranking has nothing to do with your hidden ranking.

[Image: sig.png]
01-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Most people would rather be anywhere in Master's than #1 in gifted; it's almost like leading the hockey minor leagues in points vs. being called up to the NHL.

On the flip side, in Season 3, I was #1 in Master's, got promoted to ST, then two weeks later I got demoted back to Master's. Except almost all my points were gone. That sucked.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
01-25-2014, 01:53 AM
One of my favorite features of outwitters is being paired with people of similar skill. You are master skill now. No need to keep beating up on gifted players.

01-25-2014, 02:42 AM
No one cares about points!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-25-2014, 04:04 AM
(01-25-2014 02:42 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  No one cares about points!

Obviously some people care about points. I'm ranked #30 something in Masters, but I'm playing against STs, points don't mean much, just activity, like a couple people said.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
01-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Plus, once you get into masters, you can start getting into the top 200 list, which will show you truly where you rank! Just keep going for it.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
01-25-2014, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 04:30 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Neither league points nor hidden ranking actually mean anything. Evidence: I am the best (obviously, Rolleyes ), but I am not #1 on the Top 200 List and I have never been #1 on any division ranking list.

[/jokes]

Seriously, though, I've never been #1 in any division by points, and in fact, I stopped looking at those lists a long time ago except for occasionally out of curiosity just to see who else was in my division. Like, "oh, hey, I know that guy, he's #XX on the Top List" or "oh, hey that guy's in Diamond League" or like, "I hate that guy! He always beats me! Angry" and etc...

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2014, 05:04 AM
(01-25-2014 04:04 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  

Obviously some people care about points. I'm ranked #30 something in Masters, but I'm playing against STs, points don't mean much, just activity, like a couple people said.

Yep, and who cares about activity. Tongue Points don't show the skill and this why I said what I said in my previous post.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-25-2014, 05:23 AM
(01-25-2014 05:04 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(01-25-2014 04:04 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  

Yep, and who cares about activity. Tongue Points don't show the skill and this why I said what I said in my previous post.

To be honest.. I sorta care. I was #2 in Masters last season, but would have really liked #1...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]