Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colorblind settings
10-30-2012, 09:35 AM
RE: Colorblind settings
Instead of looking for colors changes, keep the same colors and just change the shape if colorblind mode is enabled. Change the shape of the life circle by the character and the base. Circle, triangles , square, star. I think this may be easier to implement and really help out. I struggle on 4 player levels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Shapes would help out but it would still be quite a bit harder for a colorblind person to tell which units belong to which player at a glance than it is for noncolorblind people.
10-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Maybe a grayscale setting would help.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-31-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm colorblind. When you are color blind you adapt to what you can see. In the game bubble mania, they did shapes for their Color blind option and it works well. You cant do a color blind option based on other saturations or hues, because ther Are so many different kinds. it needs to be different. Flipping the directions of the characters probably wouldn't help as much.

Shapes for the health bubbles would work well and likely be easy to implement. Pretty please..
10-31-2012, 02:29 PM
(10-31-2012 12:43 PM)Phillip Wrote:  I'm colorblind. When you are color blind you adapt to what you can see. In the game bubble mania, they did shapes for their Color blind option and it works well. You cant do a color blind option based on other saturations or hues, because ther Are so many different kinds. it needs to be different. Flipping the directions of the characters probably wouldn't help as much.

Shapes for the health bubbles would work well and likely be easy to implement. Pretty please..

Try messaging adam because they might miss reading this topic