Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are my games automatically giving up..
01-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Why are my games automatically giving up..
This is beyond irritating.. The poll is still up for the 2 day play back time so I'm assuming that's not the problem. I was facing a ST and was on a 15+ game win streak.. I had the ST beat and he began taking 4-5 days to make his last 2 or 3 turns. I began taking my time with my other games because I wanted my win streak to continue in hopes of being promoted to ST myself. After the ST I was playing FINALLY gave up to my dismay there were 2 or 3 games I "lost" when I checked my games.. All no where close to being a week. I checked again recently and 2 more games that were my turn for 1 or 2 days said that I had lost somehow.. Why is this happening?!?!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Why are my games automatically giving up..
The timeout is 4 days at the moment. I have never heard of anyone timing out early. Are you positive it hadn't hit 4 days?

[Image: sig.png]
01-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Maybe some of them.. However I'm pretty sure those last 2 were 1-2 days -.-
01-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Well, that is odd. Hopefully if this is happening to other people they will post here too.

01-07-2014, 01:45 PM
I wonder if the specific games could be looked at. If it's a bug A&A should know about it. Even us players could take a look at the replays.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-07-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 02:44 PM by TheHoodsLastHope.)
Some are obvious.. Two I was one turn from winning I was just saving them until after I beat the ST.. Either way I feel kind of cheated that the playback time was decreased without putting a notice in the witters digest

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2K-szwgM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-Kv_qAoM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxKKtowoM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAuNv7oQkM

Those were all games on my list still.. The other is my win against the ST that I just realized I don't think he gave up either I believe he timed out as well..

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhPSx7AgM

Just so I don't get a bunch of hate messages it wasn't 2 of those particular games.. Those are just the games I had left on my list lol
01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
The timer should have been 4 days all along. The fact that it wasn't for the past few months was actually a bug. They recently fixed the issue, so it's back to what it should be. Games should time out some time after they hit 4 days and before 5 days show up.

01-10-2014, 08:03 AM
I don't understand that winning a game against masters would hurt your chance of becoming an ST. If anything, it will push you further up the list. I don't agree with your decision to hold off on games that you are winning.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah looking back it was very stupid.. I should have took the wins.. But when I went up to masters I didn't go up right after beating my first master I won a couple more games.. I wanted to have some right after I beat him for that purpose.. Even tho realistically it probably doesn't matter which order I beat them in.. It was dumb on my part but still bothers me that I'm just supposed to know that they fixed the bug.. I'm still kind of new that wasn't even a bug to me.. Since I've started people always had a week to make a move against me
01-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes, read the first post about the time limit thing: that bug has been fixed. No more games will go past 4 days.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38