Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customizable Teams
01-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Customizable Teams
Gifted League I'm feeling picky. Gifted League

I once had this idea months ago. What if you can customize the look of your team?

Say you had all the team packs and you wanted to use a Feedback sniper in your team. But you also wanted an Adorables runner or a Veggienauts soldier or even a Scallywags heavy, all on the same team. Yup. I know I do, so how 'bout you? I'm not changing gameplay mechanics or anything. All the units are the same, but you can give them a different design. Oh, and to avoid the mystery of what the opponent's special unit is, the base and spawn point must match the special unit.

So, yup. There's absolutely no problem with this. Scramblers do it all the time.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Customizable Teams
Haha I'm pretty sure that'd make Adam scream. He likes his teams in a neat and tidy order Wink.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Hmm, the problem is that against a Feedback player, when you are not Feedback, you can get information from the location of your scrambled unit. Like "Hey, there's an Adorables soldier right there (against my FB opponent). He must have spent 2 wits moving it!" instead of "oh, there's just another soldier there. It could have been any soldier."

One other idea is that you could have purchasable team skins, just like different bases, so that your units can look different. These would still be race-specific, of course. It would also slightly change gameplay if two Feedback players with different skins played each other, but it would not change the odds, because both players have the same advantage/disadvantage.

Does that make any sort of sense?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
01-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Yeah. Guess so, it was a fun little suggestion.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-05-2014, 03:40 AM
I want a skin for scallies that makes the heavy wear a tutu.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
I personally love the idea. I'd add to it that we should be able to pick the colors we like too. For example, my favorite color for Feedback is green, but in 1vs1 I only get blue or red, it'd be nice to be able to pick, or at least choose a preferred color

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
(01-06-2014 03:10 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I personally love the idea. I'd add to it that we should be able to pick the colors we like too. For example, my favorite color for Feedback is green, but in 1vs1 I only get blue or red, it'd be nice to be able to pick, or at least choose a preferred color

And to prevent two of the same preferred colors from not being able to match up, maybe an ordered list from preferred to least preferred.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-07-2014, 03:31 AM
I want a dung brown team.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I've thought for a while it'd be great if there was a custom element to the teams,

Or, even better, the units stay basically as they are already, but but a bit of them is the colour of the league you're in. So if you're blue, and you're fluffy league you'll be blue with a bit of pink and so on...

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
01-08-2014, 02:34 AM
(01-04-2014 05:59 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Haha I'm pretty sure that'd make Adam scream. He likes his teams in a neat and tidy order Wink.
Which is something I'd pay the price of a DLC, such as Customizable Teams, to see on the blog
Just saying

Seriously tho Tongue