2 Days - Yes 28.72% 56 28.72%
4 Days - keep it the same 24.62% 48 24.62%
3 Days - A little bit of A and B 46.67% 91 46.67%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing Time Limit for Turns
01-04-2014, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 02:28 AM by Juslas.)
RE: Reducing Time Limit for Turns
(01-04-2014 01:46 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Trust me, having 100 games at a time isn't humanly possible. Rolleyes

If 35 slots are full, have an option to buy 10 additional for a dollar or two.
But there is a catch, extra slots are not for ever. We should invent new ways to support OML, giving those who want to use servers more a way to pay a bit more, too.

Many players need 4 days, those who don't can launch more simultaneous matches. You will get the fast player against you evidently. OML resource wise already fixed 4 days is a great choice. It does not alienate anybody.

Attracting new players, 2 or 3 day options do not matter. Even faster pace is needed. But this poll is about changing 4 day by turn limit. It was 7 days at first.

It has been suggested several times by several members that game slots were divided to different speed slots. And those 5 initial slots were the fastest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 03:09 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
3 days for league, customizable turn limits for friendlies.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2014, 03:11 AM
I was fine with the turn limit before it started getting weird (6+ days). That being said, I think 3 days would make the game more fluid. Thanks, Alex Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-04-2014, 03:42 AM
I feel strongly that the 4 day limit is good. Will be sad to see it change.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-04-2014, 04:24 AM
3 or less days is pretty strict. Considering that most people who are on the forums are very regular players, the vote might be biased. Often people fall sick or are unable to play for a period of time, so 4 days is good. The problem is that games don't actually time out after 4 days. For friendlies, though, I think 5-6 days is a good limit.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
01-04-2014, 04:32 AM
(01-04-2014 04:24 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  3 or less days is pretty strict. Considering that most people who are on the forums are very regular players, the vote might be biased. Often people fall sick or are unable to play for a period of time, so 4 days is good. The problem is that games don't actually time out after 4 days. For friendlies, though, I think 5-6 days is a good limit.

They put a news post in the game linking to this thread, so that should help. Also, I doubt they'd make two separate time limits. This change would apply to both league and friendlies.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-04-2014, 04:37 AM
3 days looks to be winning out. Smile

My first impression playing Outwitters was being annoyed by having to wait up to 4 days for opponents to respond ... Now I don't mind it too much ... But I would still vote for 3 days to speed up the games a bit.

I also reeeeeeaaalllly wish there was a Speed Game mode I could select that would allow me to play a game with an opponent in 1 sitting. It could have a 1-2 minute timer for each player for each turn. You could even make it so the opponent must forfeit if you need to leave the game or quit. Sound too quick for you busy types? No problem ... Don't play in Speed Mode ....

My thoughts on the matter ...

Keep rockin.
Neil
01-04-2014, 05:04 AM
New player here. I would much rather have a timer and push notifications than a change in days. That said, I have no idea how easy that would be to code.

Just my 0.02. Thanks for a great game OML.
01-04-2014, 05:49 AM
(01-04-2014 04:37 AM)Neonitron Wrote:  3 days looks to be winning out. Smile

My first impression playing Outwitters was being annoyed by having to wait up to 4 days for opponents to respond ... Now I don't mind it too much ... But I would still vote for 3 days to speed up the games a bit.

I also reeeeeeaaalllly wish there was a Speed Game mode I could select that would allow me to play a game with an opponent in 1 sitting. It could have a 1-2 minute timer for each player for each turn. You could even make it so the opponent must forfeit if you need to leave the game or quit. Sound too quick for you busy types? No problem ... Don't play in Speed Mode ....

My thoughts on the matter ...

Keep rockin.
Neil

I agree with the need for a speed mode. I am constantly waiting on my opponents to play me back, but instead of a 1-2 min time limit maybe 5 min. Also please add a way to reload the app instead of having to close the app and re-open( half the times when I try to open the app it shuts down so in-game reloading would be more convenient)

Master League poc 13 Master League

I'll be right back, I'm taking the kids to school
01-04-2014, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 06:38 AM by mr_13en.)
I would be ok with 4 days if it worked properly. Sometimes it has worked but other times the matches have gone up to 7 days.

I'm going to vote on 3 days since that would be ok with me as well and seems like a good compromise for fast and slow gamers. I try to stay on top of my games and rarely let them get beyond a day but sometimes it happens especially with vacation and holidays or family obligations and what not.

Ideally though I think a countdown timer would be best, this way there is no confusion about when matches will forfeit. Alex/Adam, if you guys can do that, it would be great.

For those who want to knock out a quick game, just find players that take their turns quickly. I know they are out there, you just have to find them. Next league match with a quick opponent...chat it up and see if they are willing to play some quick friendlies in the future. I think there is even a thread on that for players looking for quick games...yup...here you go:

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=425

or

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...quick+game

Oh and this one:

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...57&page=11

[Image: sig.png]