3 Days - A little bit of A and B 46.67% 91 46.67%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing Time Limit for Turns
01-19-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: Reducing Time Limit for Turns
(01-19-2014 08:41 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Hey TheGreatHabudabi- let's keep the language PG here.. Mind editing your comment?

Seconded. I enjoy the civility of these forums, and the appropriate language. Let's keep it that way.

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2014, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 01:54 PM by Flarp55.)
(01-19-2014 08:41 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Hey TheGreatHabudabi- let's keep the language PG here.. Mind editing your comment?

I wonder what the original comment was. I suspect it used to be where the word ***** is now.

EDIT: Oh i thought it just meant coward.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
01-19-2014, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 01:00 PM by Chemoeum.)
Thirded. Keep cats off this forum!

Bbobb... you ninja'd me. Plus, maybe at least censor the letters?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-19-2014, 01:44 PM
(01-19-2014 12:57 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  

I wonder what the original comment was. I suspect it used to be where the word "pussies" is now.

It was never edited yet

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-19-2014, 01:55 PM
I am too naive to know what that word actually meant and looked it up...

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
(01-19-2014 01:55 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I am too naive to know what that word actually meant and looked it up...

And how did that turn out?

I think a loss should be the same effect for the loser, so there would be no incentive to resign as opposed to let it play out. The only reason I give up some games is when I am too frustrated at my bad playing and know I am going to lose in the next turn. Other times I let the person get that victory hit on my base.

if there was anything at all, it should be for the winner. But not much difference for making them lose or time out. But even then, there really shouldn't be anything different. 1 winner, 1 loser, no matter how the game was won.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-19-2014, 11:54 PM
This topic seems to be live, so I can post my sad news here. And not make it an issue of separate thread.
It now seems to me that working 4 days turn limit was too tight to two of my 2v2 partners. And I am afraid that I will loose third partner, too. It is sad to loose players, but faster pace required to take turns most likely wasn't the only reason they quit 2v2.
01-20-2014, 05:00 AM
(01-19-2014 11:54 PM)Juslas Wrote:  This topic seems to be live, so I can post my sad news here. And not make it an issue of separate thread.
It now seems to me that working 4 days turn limit was too tight to two of my 2v2 partners. And I am afraid that I will loose third partner, too. It is sad to loose players, but faster pace required to take turns most likely wasn't the only reason they quit 2v2.

Yeah, it's too bad that bug was active for so long that new players thought it was the norm.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-21-2014, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 10:42 PM by Juslas.)
I run a test what is the current turn time limit.
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...1#pid78241
There was only three test turns, but 102 hours seems to be the time limit. Last of the tests I was able to see it forfeiting within minutes as predicted.
Also this tiny test showed constancy in time limit, it was 102 h regardless what time the turn was made. There has been this talk about server running time out checks periodically (and not that many times a day). These 3 test turns do not support periodical thesis.
01-21-2014, 11:46 PM
That's good to know. Thanks for the little experiment!

One other issue that we've seen is that the timer is not necessarily correct between 2 people in completely different time zones. We've seen matches where on my own device it'll hit 4 days exactly when it should. However, on the other side, the person says that they still have a few hours to go before it hits 4 days. I'm not quite sure how that's explained, unless games aren't taking into account different time zones, and each time zone needs to hit the same GMT time before it rolls over.