Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Media?
02-16-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Social Media?
(02-16-2014 02:56 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Anyone know how to animate?

I do. Were you serious about that thing from a few posts ago?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 04:55 PM by Chemoeum.)
What, the story or the "I can't animate properly" thing? I actually don't have the patience to animate, unless there is something I can use to cut the time or something, sure I can do that though.

Or the Outwitters cinema thing?

I actually really want to make some kind of Outwitters TV show or a movie.

[Image: d3BOWd8.jpg]

In the very beginning, the Adorables are beaten by the Veggienauts. To them, Outwitters is a sport. The battle took place in an arena. So the AD soldier (I call 'er shannon) freaks out and storms away from the arena once a VG soldier (i call him rory) approaches and says "Good game." He ends up being disappointed when she left.

The scene cuts to a camera move across a town that happens to be made up of the maps in Outwitters. Kinda like showing the world that everyone happens to be living in harmony instead of fighting recklessly.

[Image: GYjBema.jpg]

Anyway, it cuts to a mischievous FB soldier and runner (i call 'em morgan and mike respectively) carrying a sleeping Bombshell (i call him darrel) into an AD medic's (i call 'er rebecca) bakery and puts it on display. The medic enters the shop with an AD heavy (i call 'er maggie). The heavy wears a police uniform and asks Morgan if he has seen a homicidal maniac. He says no, hoping that she wouldn't notice the Bombshell that supposedly had been kidnapped. The runner suggests hightailing it as soon as the heavy left.

Once they left, the Bombshell, confused, wakes up in display at the bakery, unable to unfortify and cannot move at all.

[Image: B4OR1Hy.jpg]
Mag!cGuy had the idea for this pic, and I just drew it.

So that was the first several minutes. I had the whole movie planned out with an antagonist and plot structure and characters (showcases all characters, including the mascot, Adam and Alex as their favorite units, and stuff and such). I wish I had everything else that would make it all complete.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
02-16-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 05:28 PM by ElPared.)
sounds fun. Animation takes time, though (no there aren't really any shortcuts, even Flash takes a while)

Do you know anyone who can do the voiceovers? I mean, obviously we have plenty of male voices, but we'd need some higher pitched female voices for the Adorables characters. Actually, I think it'd be fun to do the whole thing in pantomime. I can't really picture any of the Outwitters units talking TBH. At a minimum the FB characters shouldn't talk. And some of my favorite scenes in animation are pantomime (like the opening scene in Up, and most of Wall-E)

Either way, you should outline the story (just the main plot points) so we can make a storyboard.

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I think it would be better for them to talk, but getting good voice actors would be hard. Getting the right voice is easy enough, but to add acting also makes it a bit rougher.
02-17-2014, 07:29 PM
seriously, you can do a LOT with just pantomime.

Like, I think they could have voices, but only really talk in grunts and stuff like they do in game

02-18-2014, 04:50 AM
I can animate, but expect to see worthless ugly garbage come out :/

"for the cake shall only be a lie if you truly believe it is a lie"