Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Titan?
12-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Super Titan?
What does it take to become a super titan? I've been #1 in my master league for over a week now. Do i have to win 10 in a row. Are only the top 100 players considered super titans? Are there divisions of super titans?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2013, 07:47 AM
RE: Super Titan?
Hey - so to get to Super Titan you will need to keep winning the majority of your games.

Generally the next step in your Outwitters journey is to make it onto the top 200 list (I'm assuming you there already if you are #1 in your division)

Then from what I've seen in the past once you make it past position #100 on the list you will be very close to promoting into Super Titan - you will also find that you will be playing against Super Titans in your league games.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
12-31-2013, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 07:54 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
What I see in the current top 200 is that after breaking through 50# you'll get promoted Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-02-2014, 05:14 PM
(12-31-2013 07:37 AM)Ajforbes20 Wrote:  What does it take to become a super titan? I've been #1 in my master league for over a week now. Do i have to win 10 in a row. Are only the top 100 players considered super titans? Are there divisions of super titans?

At this point, highly unlikely there's multiple ST divisions. According to OSN there's only 1.

Super-Titan is a league like any other, it's not a Top X league (we do Top X weekly posts though!).

Spent some time this December optimizing the OW backend. Things are faster and it's costing a lot less on our end. But unfortunately, wasn't able to get to the 'nice to have' items on my list such as a public API.

Wish I had the time to do an OW API for players to get access to more of the league data, would be interesting to see what comes of it. Alas, maybe another day Smile, Or maybe something even better down the road.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I feel your pain. I was #1 in master for several months and ending last season. I also won most of my games against ST, no promotion Sad

I lost my first game to a top player (ST) this season and am now starting back at zero points in the master league.

My overall rating last season was between 50 and 100 on the top 200 list, and I think I am about 60 now. I am also about 60 in my master division Smile

It is also difficult to move up in master because I am playing top players every game, so am roughly 50-50 in wins.

All this is to say, there are plenty of folks out there in the same boat or worse with respect to division ratings versus top 200 (actual skill) rating. The good news is that once you are in the top 200 you at least have a way to measure your relative success, unlike division ratings.
01-07-2014, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 12:08 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
(01-02-2014 05:14 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(12-31-2013 07:37 AM)Ajforbes20 Wrote:  What does it take to become a super titan? I've been #1 in my master league for over a week now. Do i have to win 10 in a row. Are only the top 100 players considered super titans? Are there divisions of super titans?

At this point, highly unlikely there's multiple ST divisions. According to OSN there's only 1.

Super-Titan is a league like any other, it's not a Top X league (we do Top X weekly posts though!).

Spent some time this December optimizing the OW backend. Things are faster and it's costing a lot less on our end. But unfortunately, wasn't able to get to the 'nice to have' items on my list such as a public API.

Wish I had the time to do an OW API for players to get access to more of the league data, would be interesting to see what comes of it. Alas, maybe another day Smile, Or maybe something even better down the road.

It's great news to hear you are thinking about Outwitters again Smile This game is too good to be considered old iron any time soon!!!!!
An API with access to league data would be a great thing to have indeed! Not that I would know what to do with it but I am sure CodePenguin and other bright minds would create some great analysis tools with it...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
01-07-2014, 03:44 AM
Yes, I would be very interested in a public API. It's good to know that's on your "nice to have" list.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2014, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 05:00 AM by jchris98.)
Quick question, me being not techy. What is API and what would having public API do?

[Image: sig.png]
01-07-2014, 05:03 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applicati..._interface

With this public, people could create programs to interact with the game's data / servers, etc.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-07-2014, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 05:05 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
EDIT: I done got ninja'd. Dodgy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application..._interface

Application Programming Interface.

Basically, it would give us non-OML people greater access to Outwitters data.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user