Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time question?
12-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Time question?
What is the max time I must wait for my opponents turn? Do they lose a turn or forfeit if time expires? I'm not a fan of waiting on games where it's obvious you will win. Can they add a time game option?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Time question?
The time limit is between 5-7 days.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
12-25-2013, 05:00 AM
Time game option is something that a few of us has brought up, but none of us has pushed for. Personally, I find very few players that wait out a turn limit in my games in Master.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-26-2013, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 02:27 AM by PhilAvery.)
The limit does vary as stated before. Alex (I think) posted before that they where trying to 'fix the bug' or something where games wheren't expiring after the normal limit.

Some people (rarely) do wait every turn if they are in a loosing position to pospone the loss, even though you might as well just take it when it comes. I've had a 2v2 game that's taken roughly 3 months so far (no joke) and I think it's only turn 53? Every turn gets to 5 days... Even if they do bring in a shorter time limit option, people will still stretch it out as much as possible to get you to 'give up'.

p.s that's in Master league in case you were wondering...

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
12-26-2013, 03:28 AM
This has been asked many times before, just search the old threads

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
12-28-2013, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 09:59 PM by Modvenger.)
Exactly, the reason I'm inquiring is I can already feel opponents just waiting me out In a losing position.
Also, a game option is needed as it seems like winning by attrition via veggienauts is a key strategy and suggests a more strict timer would help.

I would like to see a game details screen that at least explains what happens after x amount of days. If there was a bigger player pool, a move per 1-5-15-30-60minutes would be nice(obviously less choices)
12-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Newbies tend to abandon outwitters because most are unaware of the default time out. I hope the timed game option is implemented,i think it's necessary in order to attract and retain new blood. All my placement opponents quit the game before making any turns, presumably because they're impatient with the time control. They've been out-waited, not outwitted. Big Grin

On the issue of 'waiting out a losing position', i find it less of a problem in higher tiers. No one likes to prolong one's agony, while a few would simply take their time to find the most correct/tricky defense.
12-29-2013, 11:00 PM
^that match finally finished with a time out yesterday, so I know it wasn't about finding the best move. At least he messed up and it's over now, as my partner only has 5 game slots.

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
12-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Ok, I also don't enjoy the idea I could buy. 35 game slots as a new nobody player and than wait opponents to death knowing good odds they only have a few game slots. Additionally, for high ranked players, they simply can wait out players for days if it's a crucial match that means those additional points get you in the finals/crucial rating when news comes out
12-30-2013, 04:31 AM
Hm. Could be, could be, but personally, I don't do this. My turn taking is pretty fast.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38