Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balance of Outwitters
12-27-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: The Balance of Outwitters
(12-27-2013 10:42 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I think if you could hit the base with the bramble. They would become the supreme rushing race. And that would make them OP.

I don't think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 10:37 PM
I do agree with LER4T, to "rush" the base you would need to spend soo many wits Smile Keeping a thorn chain alive is already hard, so I think it would be a nice buff to the bramble.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Maybe not at the high levels. But I think at the lower levels this would be a common tactic.

12-28-2013, 06:01 AM
I think that brambles are good to attack a bonus point. But if it's defended, bramble are bad with the base because you cannot threat the base with it.

When you are vs adorables for example and that adorables are pushing on a side, you cannot counter it with an aggression on the other side, you have to defend and that's all.

Maybe it's a good buff. Maybe not ^^
12-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Imagine if the base was a wit space no one knew about. No one set foot on it. It's how you get your five wits every turn. What if the thorn patches change all of that, when growing inside of the enemy base, it can mess with your five wits every turn?

Or maybe, just maybe, you know how the root of every plant is the "heart?" The medic can heal a thorn patch and its ancestors. Just not the child thorns of that particular patch. That way the more annoying thorn patches tend to be weaker, unless you have a traveling medic.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-30-2013, 06:20 AM
I've always ben a fan of the "heal a thorn to heal all its children" buff. I think it's a nice combination between the current bramble and the previous (OP) bramble

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
12-30-2013, 06:34 AM
One of the things I think we should consider about these "buffs" is the impact on 2v2 also. I find that veggies are quite useable in 2v2 right now. As in general wit spaces are easier to harass in 2v2.

12-30-2013, 06:41 AM
I like the idea of buffing a thorn will also buff it's child thorns. It's make it easy to find which comes from which!

However, I don't think it should be the same if you buff the bramble, only a thorn.

Also, if a buffed thorn makes a new thorn, is the new child auto-buffed? Probably not.

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
01-08-2014, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 07:28 AM by Plasmaexe.)
Still pretty new to this game so I'll just ask here, but is Mobi considered OP? Especially when you can drop a sniper that is anywhere on the map on the top half of the first map and snipe the barrack even if enemy units are in the way. I'll admit I'm playing a lot of people that don't know what they're doing on ranked (such as suiciding 3 snipers one at a time just to kill a soldier) and I've only been playing for about 3 days (winning more than I lose), but how do you guys defend against this thing? I still have yet to come across anyone else dragging +2 health snipers with Mobi across most of the screen like what I've been doing (maybe a +5 health bear to barricade the sniper from other snipers while I'm at it and a scout to see what's coming). If Mobi is 7 spaces away from the barrack, there goes 60% of the barracks health if there's not a single unit blocking that space (even if there is, it needs to be a bear or a +4 health Soldier if you don't want it to die). It's inevitably going to happen if a game drags on. I think there should be some range limit on how far it can call units, even if it's some really huge range like 5-6 spaces.
01-08-2014, 07:23 AM
The only race that is really considered by some to be imbalanced is veggie, and there is even debate about whether or not it's just that good strategies haven't been developed.