Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balance of Outwitters
12-14-2013, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 07:41 AM by Chemoeum.)
The Balance of Outwitters
Gifted League I'm feeling sad. Wahh. Gifted League

Not sure if already a thread about this, but...

Because the Veggies never "broke even," OML (was it Adam or Alex?) thinks it's unlikely that new teams will be made. So I thought if we use this thread to find any balances that will get Veggies back in the game (and possibly any upcoming team packs)... we'd have more team packs? (Sounded better in my head, but oh well)

Found some.

What if thorn patches pass enemy units when making a new thorn patch like it does with empty spaces? I mean seriously, they go underground!

I kind of ditched the idea of two-damage attack.

Sniper thorns! Shoots enemies for one damage from two/three spaces away!

Or maybe a recovery of thorn patches where you want to remove them from the field and not get rid of its children. Of course, they'd be orphans. Yeah, that'd be pretty sad.

Sooo... ... ... your ideas?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 06:28 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: The Balance of Outwitters
my first question is what does the bramble need? a nerf or a buff? (i seriously dont know as i dont use veggies and dont encounter them either..

if it needs a buff i have an idea.
thorns have the same hp as before but it can attack by putting thorns on an opposing unit's hex.
~so the range is 2.

the attack ensnares the unit with a thorn barrier with 2hp and deals 1 damage as long as the barrier remains.
the ensnared unit is unable to move but can attack the barrier or any units on the hex around it.
if the unit ensnared dies a parent thorn grows in its place. ~meaning if you kill the thorn that created it, it wont die.
too OP? hehe just thought id share what i had in mind

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-14-2013, 06:16 AM
I don't think any more work on the Veggies will spur team sales, unfortunately.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
12-14-2013, 06:17 AM
I think the bramble was OP when it was 3HP thorns. With it being 2HP thorns again, I think it's slightly underpowered which is why you don't see many people using them anymore.

[Image: sig.png]
12-14-2013, 06:19 AM
I think one of the main things, without considering its "power", is that it's just not as fun to play for most people. It's a different play-style from the other three specials..

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
12-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Yea, most games with veggies that actually bring out the bramble tend to be long and drawn out.

12-14-2013, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 06:49 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
(12-14-2013 06:16 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I don't think any more work on the Veggies will spur team sales, unfortunately.

I agree. What they mean by "didn't break even" is that they spent more money creating the Veggienauts than they made back in revenues from team pack sales. Balance isn't really a factor here.

In fact, since there was a period in which Veggies were very OP, it was in everyone's best interest to buy them. And yet, they still didn't break even. This suggests that even if they are well-balanced, it will not affect sales very much, and almost certainly not enough to break even, especially with the added expense of continued work on the team.

In any case, I'm not sure I've ever heard the suggestion that thorns could attack at 2 hexes away. I'm not super sure about the ensnare mechanism mentioned below. That does sound very OP to me.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2013, 03:09 PM
I like the thorn growing under idea. Also vision behind enemies!

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

12-16-2013, 03:05 AM
How about units can move an extra hex if they cross over a thorn?

Or, linked with the bramble sniper idea, if there is a unit next to a thorn or on a thorn it can shoot up to two hex away. So it's not the thorn that attacks, but a unit attack using the thorn...

I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well.

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
12-16-2013, 06:31 AM
So if an ally is next to a thorn, it can use the thorn to attack two-range with it? Like a unit with a gun tower next to it?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!