Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loooong match. Can't enter it anymore
12-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Loooong match. Can't enter it anymore
I have this match that has been going on for like 3 months (over 250 turns!!! yeah, I know)

Anyway.... I noticed that, as the turn count goes up, it takes longer and longer each time to enter the game. Also, the frequency of turn submission "Errers" seems to go up. And, since there's no way to resubmit once it fails... you have yo go out and enter again... and it takes longer and longer each time, as I said.

I'm normally playing on an iPad 1, so lately (maybe after 200 turns), it started crashing once I tried to enter the game. I think it's because of memory (is it bringing the WHOLE turn list each time??)... sometimes I have to quit all my apps, and even reboot the device before I can enter the game without crashing... and then, I do my moves and submit the turn, and ERRER!... and have to repeat the process... each time being more difficult than before.

So I've had to go to my wife's iPhone 4S to play... it takes a long time but at least it doesn't crash because of memory or whatever.... but now, I have this turn that I started on the iPad1 and there's no way I can enter that game anymore, it keeps crashing... and I can't enter from the iPhone 4S either because the turn has started on a different device.

In sum, I'm locked out of the game!! It really SUCKS because it has been going on for months... I'm slowly "winning" the game, and now I can't play and answer my turn!!

I sent email to the devs but got no response... what do you suggest?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 02:49 AM
RE: Loooong match. Can't enter it anymore
Posting here is a good start. Alex and Adam should be able to cancel the match for you.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Well.. I deleted the app, reinstalled it... and after three attempts and crashes I could finally submit!!!

I think I won't be playing that one from the iPad anymore...
Still... something should be done about long matches and memory!
12-05-2013, 03:07 AM
It's hard to work with. I've heard of 600+ turn games that were cancelled.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-05-2013, 03:18 AM
My advice: instead of continuing to try and resend the turn, next time try and give up the game. The memory issues are only going to get worse, and one loss is not worth what you'll have to go through to send the turn each time.

Optional advice: Stop playing Scallywags Tongue

Alternatively, you could try and have the game cancelled I guess.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
12-05-2013, 03:19 AM
When the "sending turn" part won't go away, i kill the app then open it again and the game says "their turn." If the turn didn't make it through, i resend it and wait longer before killing the app.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-05-2013, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 03:34 AM by bbbsss.)
(12-05-2013 03:18 AM)amoffett Wrote:  My advice: instead of continuing to try and resend the turn, next time try and give up the game. The memory issues are only going to get worse, and one loss is not worth what you'll have to go through to send the turn each time.

Optional advice: Stop playing Scallywags Tongue

Alternatively, you could try and have the game cancelled I guess.

1) you can't give up when the give up button is INSIDE the game, and you cannot get into it :-)

2) I can't afford to give up... I'm already about to be demoted! haha

In any case... all I can do is wait until timeout... but it sucks since I have a good chance of winning

(12-05-2013 03:07 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  It's hard to work with. I've heard of 600+ turn games that were cancelled.

If 250 turns takes a minute to load (if it doesn't crash), I can't imagine what a 600 turn game feels like! It probably takes 20 minutes to load!!!
12-05-2013, 03:34 AM
I meant the next time you actually get into the turn, instead of trying to send, just try to give up. But again, one loss isn't worth this much trouble

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
12-05-2013, 04:11 AM
I know what you mean man. You play that many turns, you hate to give up! However, I no longer play Scallywags for this reason. 1. It felt almost cheap winning on certain maps against veggie and feedback. 2. Having 100+ games is no fun! I admit, if I am stuck against a scally player who is really turtled in, I will sometimes try to stretch the game to torture them. Shhhhhhh.

[Image: sig.png]
12-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Hmm.. i have a game that is stretching up to around 100 turns now, on Peekaboo, both with 6 BSs... I don't see either of us breaking through, might ask him if he wants to try to cancel it. How does that work, is there a thread for cancellation requests in case we get to that point?

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)