Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League boards not very random.
12-04-2013, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:41 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: League boards not very random.
sorry. it was suppose to be thorn gulley. not acrospire. and on blitz beach, fight bombshell with bombshell
heres our most recent 2v2 game
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAiPCVwwoM

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm going to make a list of the boards I get from now on.

What are the chances of getting more boards?
12-07-2013, 02:28 AM
They are all equal.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
They are equal, but I do think that if you played a lot on a map during a moment, then the game will kinda decide to stop to put you on this board and place you on boards you have rarely been on before. That's what was happening to me at least Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-07-2013, 02:34 AM
(12-07-2013 02:31 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  They are equal, but I do think that if you played a lot on a map during a moment, then the game will kinda decide to stop to put you on this board and place you on boards you have rarely been on before. That's what was happening to me at least Smile

The game doesn't "decide" to not put you on the map. Each map has a 1/11 or 1/12 chance of putting you on that map. Even if you've played SFI 20 times in a row, you still have the same chance of playing on SFI as you had the first time you tried to play a match.

On the other hand, the probability of this happening is (1/12)^21, so it probably won't happen.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
The problem with keeping a list is sample size. You would need do many games to actually see that it is equal in the end.

[Image: sig.png]
12-08-2013, 12:20 AM
There are mathematicians and other professionals reading this forum, but plain school probability lectures should teach you that randomness is randomness.
I have 4 Acrospire matches against same team ongoing at the moment.
I do not make claims that things aren't random.
There are algorithms and randomness: results based on both.
12-08-2013, 02:30 AM
(12-08-2013 12:20 AM)Juslas Wrote:  There are mathematicians and other professionals reading this forum, but plain school probability lectures should teach you that randomness is randomness.
I have 4 Acrospire matches against same team ongoing at the moment.
I do not make claims that things aren't random.
There are algorithms and randomness: results based on both.

Still, even this fact wouldn't prove it's not random. Random does not mean that things have to be different, that's a common "plain school" misconception. I play cards with people like you all the time; they'll get all 4 kings, or 11 spades out of 15 cards, and they'll say "hey, these cards weren't shuffled!" But that's just the way it goes sometimes. For that person to get 4 kings, or so many spades, they all had to be split up in the deck.

As there's only 6 2v2 maps, the odds of having so many on the same map is not very low. Plus, it's possible your opponents just like Acrospire and so they stacked the queue with Acro games.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
12-08-2013, 04:05 AM
My point was that maps are given randomly, it is random to get 4 times a row the same map.
And I can shuffle card deck as I wish, but that is called cheating. Bluff is other story.
Also match making algorithm tends to give you same opponent - if they stack matches as player 1.
There is nothing randomness on that.
Too bad my point was misunderstood, bad English to blame Smile
12-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Match stacking is only a problem if you start multiple matches at once as well. I start only about one every couple of days and have no problem with players stacking matches. I guess its enough if you wait a few hours after you started a match before starting a new match to have any stack of a particular player cleared out.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.