Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 12:27 PM by CombatEX.)
RE: a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell
I think you meant to post in the Kickstarter thread right Pastil?

Anyway, back on topic. I think that though TtL 2 is done, OML has to make the extra game mode before I see even the possibility of a change like this (in the announcement they said that the new TtL 2 mode was their next goal). As for your actual suggestion, it likely would help the matchup, but I'm not sure I like the implementation. I feel like creating an exception to the way the bombshell functions would be confusing for new players as well as be an inelegant solution. Perhaps instead you could simply buff the bramble.

Instead of, "Bombshell targets take 3 damage except for thorns which only take 1," we could have
"Bramble thorns only take 1 damage from ranged attacks."
Yes, I know this doesn't sound too different, but I still think it's preferable to word it as thorns having increased resistance against ranged instead of saying that bombshells are weaker to thorns for... some reason...

This would achieve the same result as your suggestion in the VvS matchup as well as being a pretty major buff. It's also a slight buff against snipers which might not be necessary, but perhaps it would further encourage people to experiment against Veggienauts.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell - CombatEX - 11-20-2013 12:24 PM