Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell
11-19-2013, 04:01 PM
a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell
so recently i've been playing the other three races a lot, mostly veggie.
And I keep thinking about an idea of balancing veggie and scally a bit, and come through this:
bs can only hurt thorn for 1 hp as the target, splash is still doing the same 1 damage.
Would like to hear thoughts from you guys.

And please don't discuss/complain about turtling in this thread. Here are the right places in case you really want to
discuss: http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2736
curse: http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2703

Just imagine it's an earlier push when your opponent has one bombshell somewhere and you have a bramble/12+ wits, examples on one certain map would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: a simple idea balancing bramble and bombshell
Though that may be a possibility for balance. I doubt it would ever happen because of the changes that would have to happen in the code. It would give bramble the upper hand, though.

GC: TheGreatAnt
11-20-2013, 01:00 AM
lol I'm just hoping since ttl2 is out and it's possible that outwitters might be updated sometime in the future.
11-20-2013, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 01:42 AM by TheQwertiest.)
the teams! the ones they showed before.. something named like wakapooie..
a future update.. one can dream right?.. (but maybe balance everything first or the teams can only be played in friendlies!)

maybe kickstart tilt to live 2 and put up some sort of stretch goal with outwitters on it.
example.

Required funding for project.
$400,000

Stretch goals:
$440,000 - Gauntlet mode

$460,000 - Frostbite mode

$480,000 - Viva la Turret mode

$500,000+ - Further development for Outwitters.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 12:27 PM by CombatEX.)
I think you meant to post in the Kickstarter thread right Pastil?

Anyway, back on topic. I think that though TtL 2 is done, OML has to make the extra game mode before I see even the possibility of a change like this (in the announcement they said that the new TtL 2 mode was their next goal). As for your actual suggestion, it likely would help the matchup, but I'm not sure I like the implementation. I feel like creating an exception to the way the bombshell functions would be confusing for new players as well as be an inelegant solution. Perhaps instead you could simply buff the bramble.

Instead of, "Bombshell targets take 3 damage except for thorns which only take 1," we could have
"Bramble thorns only take 1 damage from ranged attacks."
Yes, I know this doesn't sound too different, but I still think it's preferable to word it as thorns having increased resistance against ranged instead of saying that bombshells are weaker to thorns for... some reason...

This would achieve the same result as your suggestion in the VvS matchup as well as being a pretty major buff. It's also a slight buff against snipers which might not be necessary, but perhaps it would further encourage people to experiment against Veggienauts.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Not even sure why thorn gets this advantage. Is it just to encourage people to play using veggies? Also, why only bs, or am I wrong about that?

didgeralien
[Image: sig.png]
...winter is coming...
11-20-2013, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 12:56 PM by TheQwertiest.)
Sorry I just got all excited when I read this..

(11-20-2013 01:00 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:   that outwitters might be updated sometime in the future.

Here's a thought.. What if units that a thorn has attacked are disabled from moving until next turn..
Something like ensnare or overgrowth

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Veggienauts are the least used team in Supertitan which most Supertitans seem to attribute to Veggienauts being too weak. There is some question about whether that is truly the case or if it's also due to a lack of momentum in playing the team. That is - fewer people play it -> less chance for good strategies to evolve -> Veggienauts remain inferior -> fewer people play it -> ad infinitum.

However, whatever your stance on this is regarding the overall viability of Veggienauts, it's pretty clear that Veggienauts are severely disadvantaged against Scallywags. Perhaps Veggienauts are balanced against Feedback and Adorables, but try cracking a good Scallywag player's bombshells and 4 hp soldiers with 1 attack thorns... Not happening.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Veggienauts aren't weak, bramble just costs a million wits to operate with maximum effectiveness. Not even exaggerating.

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
11-23-2013, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 03:23 AM by PhilAvery.)
(11-20-2013 01:31 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Veggienauts aren't weak, bramble just costs a million wits to operate with maximum effectiveness. Not even exaggerating.

Exactly how I feel. They just eat wit. They were better before the updates when soldiers couldn't kill the thorns in 1 hit. Still weren't the best before though...

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level