Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is somebody a Supe Titan with no league wins?
07-12-2012, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 02:05 AM by bspooky.)
How is somebody a Supe Titan with no league wins?
Just played a Super Titan league matchup that I barely won with 1 base point left, but when I looked at their profile in chat it said they had 0 League wins, yet they are a Super Titan?

I don't doubt they are a ST skill, I actually probably should have lost if they dropped the runners into my base a few moves back I wouldn't have been able to press my attack. But my league wins before reset still add up, so shouldn't their ranking wins be there?

Even if they went 5-0 before the reset, after reset I thought League wins were still listed?

Game: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y3JI8DA [edited game link so it works now]

I could post a photo showing they have no league wins if I could figure out where to host it to link to it. LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 02:12 AM
RE: How is somebody a Supe Titan with no league wins?
(07-12-2012 01:45 AM)bspooky Wrote:  Just played a Super Titan league matchup that I barely won with 1 base point left, but when I looked at their profile in chat it said they had 0 League wins, yet they are a Super Titan?

I don't doubt they are a ST skill, I actually probably should have lost if they dropped the runners into my base a few moves back I wouldn't have been able to press my attack. But my league wins before reset still add up, so shouldn't their ranking wins be there?

Even if they went 5-0 before the reset, after reset I thought League wins were still listed?

Game: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y3JI8DA [edited game link so it works now]

I could post a photo showing they have no league wins if I could figure out where to host it to link to it. LOL

Our matchmaking was a bit too loose after the reset. During beta it was set to match a bit more liberally due to smaller player numbers, but we failed to tightened it up post-launch. As a result, some people 'snuck in' to higher leagues. We're also tweaking the placement algorithm to help mitigate this. But over time those that actually deserve it will rise to the top, while those that can't stand the heat will be demoted to a league that can compete in.
07-12-2012, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 02:25 AM by bspooky.)
RE: How is somebody a Supe Titan with no league wins?
Thanks Alex for the reply. So if I understand correctly this player may have been a ST pre-reset under the less stringent ranking code for the beta and just not played enough league games to fall back down (unless they start winning). I guess that makes sense but I thought their pre-reset league wins would show up anyway, post-reset. But no matter, don't worry about it. Get back to work. Wink

It was just a surprise to see no league wins but a league placement of ST, but I suppose given some time these things will shake out.