Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hidden skill rating
11-06-2013, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 07:19 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: hidden skill rating
LER4T is now second, ispree had made an incredible quick rise in the top 10, his daddy reached top 5 too, I have done it in the past, torbreck did it...

(11-06-2013 06:46 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  I guess there is a misunderstanding due to the lack of information about the ranking system.
Jenmin0 seems thinking that if one reached #1 and stop playing, he'll be there forever since no one is able to defeat him.
Mag!c seems thinking about a score system so no matter the #1 plays or not, everyone can replace him as long as his score become higher.
I personally don't know who's true. Since I've only seen Poweewee and Alvendor be there.

If that's what jenmino thinks, well my solution completely fixes it, after one week the player disapear from the list. When he comes back and is ready to fight against the challengers then he finds back his hidden rating skill, which is legit.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 07:05 AM
The one thing that is broken is the matching system. Poweewee and LER4T won't match against anybody but each other.

This does make it harder for people to reach them, because the easiest way to overtake someone is to beat them so they lose ranking.

Otherwise, what tends to happen, is everybody 4-20 plays each other and while you may have > 50% win rate, it's probably close to 50% so you only marginally increase in your hidden ranking. Then you might have a bad game or two and lose to someone much lower and suddenly you are far down again.

That never happens to the top 1-3, because they never match against anybody else...if that makes sense.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Yep, completely agreed. The matchmaking requirements should be widened for top 20 I think.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-06-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 07:25 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
And yeah, Terence, he's reached the top 5 like 4 times (on 4 accounts) Big Grin (after being #1 of course for a period of time)

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Everyone in the Top 200 should agree to stop playing for a while so we can see who's in the Top 201-400 slots. Big Grin LOL

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Or they could just post the top 1000 players..I think they should

11-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Well, if you're gonna go there, why not go all the way and just post the whole damn list? Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I've always thought they should.

11-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Your suggestion does not fix it at all. It just hides them until they come back. Find me another game where you aggressively compete and can reach the top and just stay there without playing again. If you are not going to actively attempt to stay at the top, you should not be able to. You talk as if it is a punishment, but i see it as incentive to keep playing. Also I put no time constraints on how long it should take, nor did I say how much it should drop and how often. You just shouldn't be able to be stay at the top because you got there. Those top players still play, so it is not like it's an issue. But they shouldn't be able to keep those spots and rankings without playing.

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 09:04 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Although I can see people's perspective on why ranking should degrade over time, I don't personally agree and in general games don't degrade ranking over time due to inactivity.

Chess for example, uses the Elo rating system and people's Elo scores never degrade.

Actually, I've never played a game where my ranking decreases if I don't play.