Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hidden skill rating
11-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Question hidden skill rating
do friendlies count for the hidden skill rating or only league games?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: hidden skill rating
(11-04-2013 09:16 PM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  do friendlies count for the hidden skill rating or only league games?

I've thought of this too. It appears it does count, but I don't think so. It shouldn't

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 09:58 PM by TheQwertiest.)
it does not. it only keeps you active so you dont disappear from the list

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Yup. It does nothing to your hidden skill rating.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-05-2013, 03:43 AM
I see but at the same time I wondered how many of the top players stay top in the 200 list while playing no or very few league games... but it makes sense that playing friendlies is enough not to drop out of the list and the hidden skill rating can obviously be held high with few - or no - league games over a longer timeframe.

11-05-2013, 03:47 AM
(11-05-2013 03:43 AM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  I see but at the same time I wondered how many of the top players stay top in the 200 list while playing no or very few league games... but it makes sense that playing friendlies is enough not to drop out of the list and the hidden skill rating can obviously be held high with few - or no - league games over a longer timeframe.

Yeah.. without playing, your hidden rating does not change. There should be a decay over inactive time.

Something exponential would make sense..

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-05-2013, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 03:55 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Rating skill is only changed by ladder games, imagine the disaster if friendlies did too! All your fun games, your special rules games, etc, would demote you Tongue

You remain in the 1v1 top 200 as long as you play games in any category. Would you play random 2v2 friendly, you'd stay in the standings ^^
I don't think the rating skill should decrease because you are inactive. But removing people way more quicly from the list if they don't play 1v1 ladder games would be cool Smile

Most of top players play very rarely, or not at all. (alvendor now, for example)
This is why a top player not playing won't plummet in the ranks! Since everyone else around him is as "inactive" as him, the rankings won't change. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-05-2013, 03:58 AM
I think the system isn't broken. It is fine as it is but I realize that there is little incentive to play many league games once you are very high on the list...

11-05-2013, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 04:07 AM by HuskyPete.)
I think you should have to play to stay at the top. How can you be inactive and remain on top? That would be like a top tennis player or golfer starting to decline, so they just take time off to keep their top ranking.

Oh and this may be a dumb question, but why is our hidden ranking hidden? Lol. I think it would be nice to know where we stand and how lose to promotion we might be. It would be cool to see your win % is x and you need to get to y. Obviously the downfall would be stalling matches to get promoted, I guess.

Oh and I'm not saying total points or anything to promote playing 35 games at a time. I just mean you should have to "risk" your spot in league games to maintain it.

[Image: sig.png]
11-05-2013, 04:09 AM
OML and many forum users think it would discourage the average player to know how far apart he is from the top... I am with you and would rather like to know it as well.