Heavies are too expensive
Heavies are too slow
Heavies are alright Buffed
Never Spawn, use initial units
Buffed Soldiers > heavies
Ok with mobi
Artwork looks cool!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Heavy/sniper strategies
11-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Anti-Heavy/sniper strategies
Ok guys, I recently encountered an opponent on Sweetie Plains that, after a short fall out of runners and soldiers which i dominated, they spammed heavies, with snipers behind them. They Scallywags, but no bombshell for the next 7 or so turns(dont know if they have one now).

My poorly structured bramble and thorns cannot accomodate such hi Hp(most hevies Buffed). Ive lost the initial adv, and their heavies are forcing me to spawn heavies, and most soldiers and either inefficient or being moved around to avoid the gradual threat. I'll post replay when finished. (BTW this might be a weak strategy since im only Gifted Gifted League Tongue)

Also, why is spawning heavies generally a bad idea? Unless im sending them gross distances, isnt it alright for non-desperate defense?

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Anti-Heavy/sniper strategies
Hello!

Well, your opponent did one of the best counter to bramble: heavies. I don't think there is a way to fight against them with thorns, because have have so many hp's that you can't break their wall. ^^

Spawning heavies is most of the time a bad idea because of their mobility and their cost. Their 4 wits cost is justified by their strenght (hp and attack force), but they are so slow that you would also need a big amount of wits to move them into the action. Furthermore, the main interest of the heavies is that they can one-shot 3hp soldier: the problem is that the trend is to heal all your soldiers, and heavies are as good as soldiers when they are against 4hp soldiers, because you will anyway need 2 units to kill a 4hp soldier.

This unit is also very weak against the snipers. The main interest of heavies is to be at 5hp and be a pain for a massive 4hp soldier army (three soldiers required to kill one heavy, this is very costful), so it has to be defensive in my opinion. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply