Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Is it just me or are others coming across new players?
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Is it just me or are others coming across new players?
(11-04-2013 01:42 PM)Charlie12520 Wrote:  I would like a new team though, even if they said that they wouldn't add one. :3

You should design one yourself!

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 05:55 AM
(11-04-2013 02:39 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:42 PM)Charlie12520 Wrote:  I would like a new team though, even if they said that they wouldn't add one. :3

You should design one yourself!

I made about 20 or 30 made-up teams. I like my cloud team, The Rainies. The soldier has an umbrella, and the special creates vision-blocking clouds, but slow down allies and hold snipers in place.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-05-2013, 06:09 AM
(11-04-2013 12:36 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Theres only one vegetable in the veggienaut team, lol

The soldier is some kind of blockheaded turnip. The runner is this eggplant flytrap thing but if a tomato is a fruit then an eggplant probably is too.

Actually, any plant can be referred to as a vegetable.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2013, 06:33 AM
(11-05-2013 06:09 AM)Awptimus Prime Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 12:36 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Theres only one vegetable in the veggienaut team, lol

The soldier is some kind of blockheaded turnip. The runner is this eggplant flytrap thing but if a tomato is a fruit then an eggplant probably is too.

That's true any....edible part of a plant can be called a vegetable! Duh duh duh...(ominous music) no wonder the Veggienauts look so angry, somebody's been eating them and they're out for revenge!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-05-2013, 07:45 AM
(11-05-2013 06:33 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  

That's true any....edible part of a plant can be called a vegetable! Duh duh duh...(ominous music) no wonder the Veggienauts look so angry, somebody's been eating them and they're out for revenge!

No, no, no. Any plant, edible or non-edible, can be called a vegetable. It is not incorrect to use "vegetable" as a synonym for "plant."

11-05-2013, 07:53 AM
(11-05-2013 07:45 AM)Awptimus Prime Wrote:  

No, no, no. Any plant, edible or non-edible, can be called a vegetable. It is not incorrect to use "vegetable" as a synonym for "plant."

Oh, I sit corrected!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-05-2013, 08:08 AM
(11-05-2013 07:45 AM)Awptimus Prime Wrote:  

So what you guys are saying is tomatoes actually ARE vegetables?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
11-05-2013, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 09:25 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yeah, here's the thing:

Vegetable is not a precisely defined scientific term. It is a casual "common usage" word that can mean different things depending upon what context in which you're using it. It can mean something very specific (such as "a plant or a part thereof that is used in cooking" or possibly "a plant or a part thereof that is not a fruit that is used in cooking" or even "a plant or fungus or part thereof that is used in cooking" since mushrooms are often colloquially considered vegetables, even though they are not even plants), or the word can be extraordinarily broad in meaning (e.g. "any plant").

So according to this, yes, a tomato is both a fruit and a vegetable.

11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
And so a topic over coming across new players turns into a debate about veggies. xD
11-05-2013, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 09:28 AM by Chemoeum.)
(11-05-2013 09:24 AM)Charlie12520 Wrote:  And so a topic over coming across new players turns into a debate about veggies. xD

Veggienauts - are they "just plants" or vegetables? Make a thread now! I'm too lazy.

Edit - or whatever the debate was about -- I didn't really follow or understand it.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!