Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the interface for the Bombshell
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Change the interface for the Bombshell
For every other unit in the game, you can click on the unit to see its movement range, then click on it again to deselect it so you can evaluate the map without the highlighting.

For the Bombshell, you click on it once to see its movement range, then you click on it again, and it armors up, wasting two wits and losing its ability to move this turn. If you happen to be unlucky enough to do this on the turn after it spawns on its spawn square, then you also lose the spawn for the turn.

Please change this!

You could change it to double-tap, or change it to confirm dialog or something.

Actually, I happen to really like having a confirm dialog after every move. This could be an option and people who are paranoid of misclicks can use it. I know I've misclicked in high level matches plenty of times, and then got pounded for it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: Change the interface for the Bombshell
I agree. Often this can even cost your bombshells life, or in my case my base.
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I agree about implementing the confirmation dialog. Shelling and de-shelling should be considered movement actions and therefore should prompt for confirmation to be consistent with the prompts for moving spaces.

That said, after encountering this the first time, why don't players learn to click outside the highlighted area to cancel the movement preview, instead of tapping the unit again? You already know it's tricky to manage, and those shell/run icons are tough to see on an iPhone screen. So tap away from it to prevent unwanted results next time.
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes I agree. Usually I catch myself in time but it's cost me a game before when I pressed it too quickly.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah it can be avoided pretty easily by paying extra attention - however I would welcome a confirmation dialog.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!