Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foundry mishap
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Foundry mishap
I was in a friendly match with a friend of mine on the map foundry.
She rushed her soldier right to my base and I didn't see it coming b/c of the vision limit. She reached the corner and by then the only troop that could reach there was a scout. Since a scout only does one damage and the soldier does 2. She wiped out my base and won. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how would I counter it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Foundry mishap
Anticipation of those sneak attacks to remote locations is key. Play more, gather experience and you'll see.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Well, you know the trick now so why don't you cheer yourself up and do it to someone else?Big Grin
07-11-2012, 09:17 PM
(07-11-2012 06:55 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Well, you know the trick now so why don't you cheer yourself up and do it to someone else?Big Grin

Exactly Smile

And so the FTA spreads Tongue
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 10:50 PM by brayton.)
I ve used that before, a very good strategy if they have not encountered it/ dont anticipate it. Take measures to stop it, place a soldier, runner or snipe. Fixes it.

Unfortunatly i cannot insert the Replay because the game is not finished(base with 1hp), 3days without activity

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-11-2012, 11:00 PM
You can see it coming, if they haven't grabbed their bonus space.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 11:35 PM by brayton.)
Yes, that makes alot of sense, you can see it if there doing it, but if hey wait an extra 2turns(1 to grab wit another to move back to position) then they lose first turn advantage.
Also the time on chat and forum is out, but its kinda cool saying that the last time i visited was in the future, or that post was in the future
Of coarse it does have to work with timezones

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
If you plant a heavy on the wit space they can't move their soldier in range of your base with out getting eaten. I think almost every Foundry game the soldier gets sent in for a sneak attack.

Also, map vision is really, really important. Send a scout kind of that direction (but not too far) to keep an eye on the soldier and what's coming your way from that corner spawn space.

Once you stop the soldier on his sneak attack, go take the wit space they just left.
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
(07-12-2012 01:43 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  If you plant a heavy on the wit space they can't move their soldier in range of your base with out getting eaten. I think almost every Foundry game the soldier gets sent in for a sneak attack.

Also, map vision is really, really important. Send a scout kind of that direction (but not too far) to keep an eye on the soldier and what's coming your way from that corner spawn space.

Once you stop the soldier on his sneak attack, go take the wit space they just left.

^
02-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I see that this post is forgotten already but you can read the Wit space pretty easy to see if the other player is rushing the backdoor. If they don't take the Wit space take counter measures. If the loss of a few Runners for a Soldier bother you, at least they capture the Wit space for a few turns to equal things out. Also never send your runner in the corner too close, that is an auto-attack from me if the other player does that to me.

my first post and I have been looknig for info like this. maybe it will help someone down the road.

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]