Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
10-12-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
No, it is supposed to be 4 days, but unfortunately, it varies. And as for a previously mentioned bug, yes, Alex or Adam had posted that they were working on fixing this.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 09:44 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
My observations:

A long time ago, the games used to time out after 1 week, then it was changed to 4 days (sometimes 5 if you missed the sweep). Then recently, something broke and there were games not timing out after 2 weeks. Now, it seemed it changed to 1 week.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
10-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I think Alex and Adam go through manually and see which games are overtime in a periodical "sweep."
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2013 03:39 PM by Juslas.)
Since this is the most recent time out talk I post a question:
How you do it the last hour without ever getting time outed?
For me 3 days is that I am late 'big time'!

As a beginner I was frustrated first because of slow paced matches, 2v2 made me realize that 1v1 had been blitz Wink and now as an experienced player I can preciate that team can chat a bit about match regardless being on different time zone or work/school schedule.
But matcing up players like jesusfuentesh and seeing turn reach 4 days and move being made 12 or even more hours later ... Great mystery how some players cope with time out with such a skill.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
(10-13-2013 08:03 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Since this is the most recent time out talk I post a question:
How you do it the last hour without ever getting time outed?
For me 3 days is that I am late 'big time'!
I have noticed with Jesusfuentesh, he always takes a long time on his moves. I don't know if it is intentionally like L3RT who completely thinks through moves, or just not around often to keep moving.

I agree, I have no idea how people get in the last hours to be able to move. I haven't really tested it, nor do I have the patience to. I am always scared of a time-out. lol Such a terrible way to lose.

GC: TheGreatAnt
10-14-2013, 10:18 PM
If you know the time you sent your turn, you'll know when it'll change to "6 days ago"

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
10-25-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 09:35 PM by Fnordu.)
This is the most frustrating thing about this game. I have multiple games at 3+ days waiting for my opponent. In a league game. You should automatically forfeit after 48 hours of inactivity. Period. So time zones are irrelevant. 48 hours since your last move or you're finished. If you want to spend multiple days before your next move, fine, just don't play in the league version. I don't understand why they don't implement this as a permanent change?? Does it not make sense?
10-25-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 09:52 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
This is a turn based game. Period. A lot of people who play this game have busy lives, or just take their time to play, and they have the right to. If you don't accept this, go play a RTS, but don't come here to complain about what is the core of outwitters as if it was an obvious problem. If it was one, it would have been fixed for a long time now, because everyone would have complained.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-25-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 11:36 PM by Fnordu.)
(10-25-2013 09:51 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  This is a turn based game. Period. A lot of people who play this game have busy lives, or just take their time to play, and they have the right to. If you don't accept this, go play a RTS, but don't come here to complain about what is the core of outwitters as if it was an obvious problem. If it was one, it would have been fixed for a long time now, because everyone would have complained.

I understand it's a turned based game. There are also multiple versions of this game too I.E. League, friendly and pass to play. You're telling me you don't have a couple minutes within a 48hour period to make your next move? That's the world making 2 full revolutions. I'm only asking for a time constraint on league games. The rest can take as long as they want. I don't think that's unreasonable. I have played many turn based games and they have never had this long of a waiting period in between turns. I like the game and I think this would be a good way to improve upon it. There have been many games where I check the status of current games and my opponent is more often than not ranked. And when it's been 3+ days that tells me they are not very serious about playing. Maybe they lost interest. So I suffer by giving up to try and find someone else who wants to? That doesn't seem right.
10-25-2013, 11:41 PM
What league are you in?

If you are in fluffy/clever, this is normal. Annoying, but normal. A huge part of the players there are just trying the game, playing two or three matches, and then delete it and don't play it anymore because they don't like it. You have to wait 5 days or a bit more before getting the win (but I think you know that)

If you only have 5 games in your queue because you didn't buy anything, I suggest you purchase something, to increase your limit to 20. I can imagine it's frustrating not to be able to play because the few games you can have are blocked, so if you have 20 you won't have this problem anymore.

Don't give up any match, be patient and get your wins. After a lot of wins you're gonna be promoted, and the higher you climb, the more players will play quickly. Smile

And, yes, sometimes life just forbids you to be on your ios device for days. Some people may have an ipad and not an iphone, thus if they are away from home for many days, they can't play at all. Outwitters' time limit will never be changed!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]