Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Clan Activity Discussion
10-03-2013, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 02:05 AM by Thrutchy.)
RE: Clan Activity Discussion
In my opinion, the most important gaming mode is where a two clans play a single game collectively against each other ("meeting" or America vs Eurasia style). This is a mode that is very unique what clans can do and I think the play level can be higher than even the best ST if the clan coordinates well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 02:47 AM
I think the "meeting" type of game is definitely good for clan building, but I think having a general clan ranking type of thing would be huge for the game.

The one thing is that unless you're in the top 200, you have no way to really gauge your progress.

Gamers LOVE seeing ranking, ratings, and seeing their numbers improve. I think having that sort of thing for clans would really boost people's fun and thus game and clan activity.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-03-2013, 03:28 AM
One downside to the "meeting" game is the level of participation and coordination involved. If the clan isn't participating that much, then it just becomes a standard 1v1 game. Also with how long these matches last, usually taking the max 4 days a turn, you end up losing people along the way as they stop paying attention to what's going on.

[Image: sig.png]
10-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
10-03-2013, 06:05 AM
(10-03-2013 06:03 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

Sometimes they see the most obvious solution that higher ranks fail to see because they are looking for a more complex one.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-03-2013, 06:43 AM
The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-03-2013, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 07:03 AM by Thrutchy.)
(10-03-2013 06:03 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Might just be me but I feel like lower skill leveled players won't be much help in the meetings Sad

For these games, I think the more ideas the clan has, the better the play. Don't count yourself out for being able to contribute to these ideas. Many of them may be horrible, but you'll eventually have one that is utterly genius! Most players (including top ST's) get stuck in the same patterns of play and don't see all the options.

The worst case is that you sit back and learn a lot from the discussions others are having about what to do.

(10-03-2013 06:43 AM)Doodat Wrote:  The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

That is unfortunate. I think this is a consequence of these games being just one type among others that the clan is playing. It would be better to have fewer. We have primarily 2 that are interacting a lot, but 3 others that chime in occasionally. I still like it, though.
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
(10-03-2013 06:43 AM)Doodat Wrote:  The meeting game type would be great, but unfortunately, our clan match with Diamond is turning into Doodat vs. Diamond, and our Glitch map is Doodat and Phyresis vs. iPro. It's just that we really don't have that many people that actively check the forums.

We hvnt started any meetings, but it seems like it will be poweewee, pastil* and fluffy sox vs everyone else Sad

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
10-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Food for thought:

As player activity diminishes, and with it clan activity, it may behoove us to merge all clans into 2-3. This would allow friendly competition and help ensure that each clan has a quorum.

Are we at this point now, or not yet?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
(10-03-2013 02:47 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Gamers LOVE seeing ranking, ratings, and seeing their numbers improve. I think having that sort of thing for clans would really boost people's fun and thus game and clan activity.

Wow, don't think I could have stated it better!

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]