Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Clan Activity Discussion
10-01-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Clan Activity Discussion
Why we are lacking players in Anonymous: lack of activity = lack of players = diminishing community

No new players = not much recruitment opportunity, which means that clan size can only get smaller

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm thinking of starting the "Can't Be Bothered" Clan. Don't expect any updates soon.

Everything Changes
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
(10-01-2013 04:01 PM)Doodat Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 03:45 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 02:08 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  NO NOT SEASON 4.
I've been building up my points to 450+ hoping to get promoted to master.
Would be a shame to see all that go to waste. Sad

The system retains your stats across the season change so won't affect your chances of promotion

Fluffy League Wrong. The first match of the new seasons IS a promotion match. So basically new season means higher chance of promotion. Big Grin.

To clarify, A&A said:

"Your hidden skill rating will carry over from the previous season, so you will continue to match up against similarly skilled players"

and

"Your skill-rating is not reset. Just your division ranking and points. So for example if you were gifted in season 1, you will most likely place back into gifted for season 2 (only in rare edge cases will this not be the case)."

Super-Titan Hope that helps Tongue

Everything Changes
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Memories, I think your list has great suggestions for a clan. In iPro, we have not been doing these:

* Continually looking for new members.
* Removing inactive members.
* Off-topic (non-Outwitters) threads.
* No league requirement.

I'd also like to add:

* Be prepared to change leaders at some point. Keeping a clan healthy requires work and leaders are likely to get burnt out sometime (from being a leader or the game in general).

This is our biggest problem right now. Diamond and Wolfpack have successfully switched leaders and have come out better.
10-02-2013, 12:32 AM
How about we make 1 giant clan! Smile

[Image: sig.png]
10-02-2013, 01:11 AM
(10-02-2013 12:32 AM)lawtai Wrote:  How about we make 1 giant clan! Smile

Yeah! Big Grin

I understand that game activity is negatively affecting the forum / clan community, but I don't think that's the only issue. We currently have two individuals looking to join DL, one of whom has been playing since Season 1. There are a lot of players that just don't know about the forums, and I feel like at least some of those players would be interested in joining a clan if they knew about them.

As for clans merging, would this enhance the clan community? To an extent, maybe, but here are a few things that would need to be addressed such as maintaining organization. Is it better to have less, more active clans or more, less active clans? There is a point where having too few clans doesn't benefit the clans or community. I personally like the idea, but I'd hate to see it hurt the clan scene more than helping.

That all being said, are clans like iPro and Anonymous seriously considering something like that? Just curious...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-02-2013, 02:58 AM
When TTL2 is released, there might be a surge of activity in the forums. Since that's really just around the corner, we may want to wait until it happens before we start really changing clan stuff a lot.

I'm hoping that TTL2 will be a smash hit, and a hundred thousand (give or take a few million) new people will start playing Outwitters as well as a result.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 04:42 AM
That's a good point, Erenan. I look forward to seeing if that comes true.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-02-2013, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 05:13 PM by (Rone).)
(10-01-2013 11:23 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Memories, I think your list has great suggestions for a clan. In iPro, we have not been doing these:

* Continually looking for new members.
* Removing inactive members.
* Off-topic (non-Outwitters) threads.
* No league requirement.

I'd also like to add:

* Be prepared to change leaders at some point. Keeping a clan healthy requires work and leaders are likely to get burnt out sometime (from being a leader or the game in general).

This is our biggest problem right now. Diamond and Wolfpack have successfully switched leaders and have come out better.

In other games they sometimes have clan/guild mergers however whom is engulfing the other is sometimes a little unexplained to the regular members.

You can add to have more than one leader or people appointed positions to take care of certain matters. This will share the authority and prevent leader from taking on too much even if it happens only for a certain period of time. I mean, getting burned only screws you for a short period of time but the negative effects leave you soured in which case will prevent you from remaining in that position.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
10-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Players who actively play in Wolfpack: we have quite a few
Players who actively participate in the forums in Wolfpack: we have maybe four.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38