Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
Continuing with the leeching thing, i think it should be able to leech up to two health, but it can only heal allies, not add points to their max health. (if that makes sense).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 06:34 PM by advakharia95.)
New Teams/Character Ideas
Insect team = Genius! Jealous that I didn't think of it Tongue
Only a few things I would change, but still to keep the concept of an insect team. The first would be to make everything an insect... Scarabs and Spiders aren't insects.
Insect Team
Runner: Millipede (all the legs would make it a suitable runner)
Soldier: Ant
Medic: Queen Bee
Sniper: Dung Beetle (throws dung)
A special that pushes back enemy units is too powerful. First of all, it makes it hard for the enemy to hold his own ground without being pushed back. Also, because the enemy is pushed back, you can storm with all your troops without much concern. That's why I did not like the dung beetle as a special, but I still wanted to include it in the team because it was a cool unit and fit the sniper role perfectly.
Heavy: Cockroach
Special: Mosquito
H:2
S:2
D:N/A
Ability: Poison (Poisons enemy unit. Unit that is poisoned loses 1hp per turn. This poison damage occurs at the END of YOUR turn. Reason for that is so the unit can still block your movement for at least one extra turn till it dies, therefore, it is more balancing. Poisoned unit can be healed but the poison effect still remains.)

Likes or dislikes?
So we have an Undead and an Insect Team Smile

Burnsy, I think that would be underpowered. It means your special could only help if your units had low health. This becomes a problem really easily. Most skilled players do not attack a unit unless they can defeat it that turn. Also, runners and snipers would not even be healed because they die if they are attacked. Soldiers could benefit but rarely, so in the end, you're mainly only helping heavies. Therefore, the healing only damaged teammates with the leech ability would be underpowered compared to the other specials.
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Mosquito special:
Infect disease.
Target effected by this attack would take 1 damage every two turns, and have uncontrollable diarhea spread around it. If a unit is in a diarhea hex, it is covered in poop. Movement speed slowed by 1, and takes 1 extra damage from dung Beatles. Diarrhea tiles will only last for 1 turn and will stop spawning around the attacked target if the target dies.

Overpowered much? Now I need advahkarias great mind to nerf this badass disease spreader Tongue
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 07:19 PM by advakharia95.)
Lol the nerf is pretty easy, just don't do anything you just said. And the worst part isn't even the overpoweredness of it. The worst part is definitely how gross it is Tongue the game is supposed to be cute and I'm sure there is nothing cute about diarrhea Tongue
And yea, I'm pretty big on the whole balancing thing, that's my strong point so I address what I'm good at Smile
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 09:12 PM by Kyoril.)
Maybe for the disease the unit has say... A 50% chance to lose one health per turn (or maybe once every 2 turns?), but if it lands next to any unit it has a 30% or so chance of infecting that unit. I think it should be curable.

And for the Mosquito; Mosquitos don't have any venom... Perhaps a Wasp? Also, not sure if its important or not, but millipedes are kinda slow. Maybe an Ant?
07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Agree millipedes are slow. Cockroach should be the runner those things are crazy fast and easily squishable! Definitely more a runner type than a heavy type. Heavy should be a Stag or Rhinoceros beetle.
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
This might sound silly but I was thinking from when I first downloaded this that a Neanderthal type team could be cool.
Heavy: Big Caveman with a club
Soldier: Cavewoman with stick (spear)
Runner: Sabretooth cat
Medic: Not sure... Maybe shaman type character
Sniper: Small caveman with rock slinger
Special: T-Rex
Health: 2
Moves: 4 or 5
Special: Can retreat after an attack however many unused moves.

Not a huge amount of thought into the specs but it's a start.
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
What would be really cool would be if there were races that are not league, and so lots of friendly races. So much that there could be a bee race, insect, medieval, ant, feudal japan, many that would come in a pack with 2 for $1, and the two are realsed together in one pack. For instance medival japan vs medieval europe, bees vs ants, cavemen vs dinos, birds vs scalliwags, feedback vs something, plants vs adorables, greeks vs persians, elemenatls(earth vs water vs fire vs air) and out of these minor races a few will be league ones. So that way the developers will likely accept changes they dont want to be a serious part of the game. And if these take a low priority and may even break some rules of the game.
Just an idea because thay could make many teams, but how many fit the game plan

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 01:17 AM by FreakyMan777.)
(07-11-2012 06:29 PM)advakharia95 Wrote:  Insect team = Genius! Jealous that I didn't think of it Tongue
Only a few things I would change, but still to keep the concept of an insect team. The first would be to make everything an insect... Scarabs and Spiders aren't insects.
Insect Team
Runner: Millipede (all the legs would make it a suitable runner)
Soldier: Ant
Medic: Queen Bee
Sniper: Dung Beetle (throws dung)
A special that pushes back enemy units is too powerful. First of all, it makes it hard for the enemy to hold his own ground without being pushed back. Also, because the enemy is pushed back, you can storm with all your troops without much concern. That's why I did not like the dung beetle as a special, but I still wanted to include it in the team because it was a cool unit and fit the sniper role perfectly.
Heavy: Cockroach
Special: Mosquito
H:2
S:2
D:N/A
Ability: Poison (Poisons enemy unit. Unit that is poisoned loses 1hp per turn. This poison damage occurs at the END of YOUR turn. Reason for that is so the unit can still block your movement for at least one extra turn till it dies, therefore, it is more balancing. Poisoned unit can be healed but the poison effect still remains.)

Likes or dislikes?
So we have an Undead and an Insect Team Smile

Burnsy, I think that would be underpowered. It means your special could only help if your units had low health. This becomes a problem really easily. Most skilled players do not attack a unit unless they can defeat it that turn. Also, runners and snipers would not even be healed because they die if they are attacked. Soldiers could benefit but rarely, so in the end, you're mainly only helping heavies. Therefore, the healing only damaged teammates with the leech ability would be underpowered compared to the other specials.

Well! Smile You have REALLY good ideas... And just to be technical millipedes aren't insects either.... They're Myriapods... Lmao just took honors biology last year.... Sooo yeah... but ANYWAYS I like the mosquito idea! Smile

(07-11-2012 09:10 PM)Kyoril Wrote:  Maybe for the disease the unit has say... A 50% chance to lose one health per turn (or maybe once every 2 turns?), but if it lands next to any unit it has a 30% or so chance of infecting that unit. I think it should be curable.

And for the Mosquito; Mosquitos don't have any venom... Perhaps a Wasp? Also, not sure if its important or not, but millipedes are kinda slow. Maybe an Ant?

This is AMAZING! Smile I like it a lot! Lmao Mosquitos carry malaria, river fever, and ect.... Just not in the U.S.... But who cares? Smile Anything goes in game world! Smile
07-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Dinosaurs
Runner - raptors (fast, thus the 5 movement)
Soldier - triceratops (3 horns, so equipped for battle as a soldier)
Medic - stegosaurus (with a medical '+' symbol on one of their back plates)
Sniper - brontosaurus (slow, thus only 1 movement, tall, so 3 vision, of course drawn with only one eye Wink)
Heavy - t-rex (obviously big, heavy, and strong)
Special - pterosaur (special action will be the ability to soar over the battlefield, explained below. this also keeps with OML's theme with the specials and their ability: the pterosaur can 'soar' over the battlefield)

Special:
H-1
S-1
D-1
Special ability 'soar' would allow unit to fly anywhere on map, including into fog of war. If lands on open space, can still use movement (if available) and can still attack. If lands on enemy, causes 1 damage and stuns enemy, unable to move or attack for their next turn. Pterosaur would fall to nearest unoccupied space next to attacked opponent, towards their own side. 

What do you think? Too powerful or just right?

-------
PS- love this game, I've been lurking around the forums for the past few days. You've all got some great ideas on teams, I just had to chime in. Smile