Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
New Teams/Character Ideas
For viewing replays.. dang, that sucks Sad I read and respond to the forums on my computer and for the replays I have watched, it was annoying getting to the same post on my iPad just to watch the replay. But back onto topic of this thread.

That's really underpowered. Why spend a wit on the same things a runner has but with 3 less speed? I think the thing would be perfect if you went with the stats you gave but added just 1 to any of them. If you dont know what I mean...
You said...
H: 1
S: 2
D: 1
So instead...
H: 2
Or...
S: 3
Or...
D: 2
The reason I said only one, is because it would end up being overpowered otherwise. The special unit would be acting like an extra MOVABLE (but destructible) spawn point every turn...
But yea, add 1 to any of the stats, and you gotta nice special!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
I think it should be 3 speed...health and or damage makes it too powerful.

Game center name?
07-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Yea, you are right, it should be easy to kill and not kill easily.
Did not even think about that.
And I'll send my GC name as a private message cuz I don't want to be flooded with people asking to be my friend.
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I like the moveable spawner idea.

For the terrain modifier; It's walls could decay or be able to be attacked

In the other suggetion thread I put out two unit ideas:
1. Flier: H-1, S-2/3?, D-1 Able to fly over pits and the outside edge
2. Special: H-?, S-3?, D-1/2? Able to hide itself at the cost of 1wit per turn, revealed if it lands adjacent to an enemy or attacks - Similar to your Ghost ( I was actually thinking of it being on a team of ghosts)
07-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Flier would be cool as the weakest creature. I think H:1, S:3, and D:1 would be acceptable. It gives up 2 movement for its ability to fly over pits. But this could also be a bad idea. Some maps do not even have many pits. Peekaboo for example is the worst for this ability. It has 2 pits. And the pit is not even located in the middle of the map... It's all the way next to the bases. The flying ability is nearly useless. And the same thing with long nine, it only has ONE pit in the entire map... The flying ability sounds cool and all, but think about, how practical is its use?
As for the ghost... I like that idea! So for the ghost special, we have
1) "Able to hide itself at the cost of 1wit per turn, revealed if it lands adjacent to an enemy or attacks"
or...
2) "Invisible Cloak (Makes any adjacent teammate invisible for two turns. {I said two because it usually takes that many turns to get into enemy territory}. The teammate loses invisibility if it attacks or stands adjacent to enemy unit.)"
Which one do other people like better? Smile
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
The plant special could be able to leech life from opponents and distribute it to its allies
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Burnsyrocks, I think that might be a high possibility, but i think it should only be able to leech one life cuz it would easily be overpowered to leech a heavy and give the health to a runner Tongue lol, imagine the fear factor of a runner with 5 speed and 5 health, even if it only has 1 damage!
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
For some reason, speaking about life leeching has brought up in my mind the idea of the animal team. I dunno why....
07-11-2012, 04:39 PM
An animal team seems cool, but think about, every team does have some sort of animal. Even the robot team does, the runner is spider like. And even in the undead team I suggested, the bat. Im still for the idea though, but like I keep saying, explain Smile
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I personally like the idea of an insect team:
>Scout-Cockroach
>Medic-Bee/Queen Bee/???
>Soldier-Scarab
>Sniper-Spider (I have heard the speculation on the robot team having a "spider-like" scout though so... Suggestions?) Tongue
>Tank-Millipede
>Special-Dung Beetle
>>Ability- Rolls ball of dung into the enemy throwing them back the median number (if odd) of the total speed or the number divided by two (if even). For example a scout would be 3 spaces back while a tank would be 1 back.Or until they are stopped by a hole or wall. If the character being pushed back runs into another character, character number two is still pushed until character one is done being pushed or until character number two is stopped by a hole or wall... and so on...
>>>Health-2
>>>Movement-2
>>>Attack Area-2
>>>Attack Strength-1

What do you think? I don't know if the soldier and tank should switch or not... They both can be scary... Tongue Any suggestions? Does my idea just plain suck? Tongue